We are looking for a mid-to-senior full-stack developer with experience working on a production Ruby on Rails application to help us build and improve our Terminal Operating System (TOS), used by cargo ports globally to manage their operations. The ideal person for this position should be intellectually curious and willing to learn about the shipping and maritime industry. They should have a strong ability to perform deep work: to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task. Finally, they should be able to make pragmatic decisions while designing and building new features for our product.
- Ruby on Rails
- Git & Github
- Backbone JS or Vue.js
- Design and build new features for Octopi in Ruby on Rails.
- Write well-crafted, high-quality, self-documented, and pragmatic code.
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to help our customers thrive.
- Always work to improve our application and our customers’ experience.
- At least 4 years of experience developing software professionally.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Git and Github.
- Ability to work directly with our customers and to visit cargo port terminals.
- Willing to visit our offices in Miami, Florida during the first weeks of employment for training and as needed after our initial training period.
- Previous experience working for a software company, consulting firm or system integrator
- Willing to travel internationally to visit our main office or customers