Senior Rust Developer @ OCR Labs
Full time - Remote - Earth
Join a new team of passionate engineers and build a world-class platform to fight identity fraud at a global scale. The technology is awesome, interesting and solves real world problems.
You will work in close collaboration with our Head of DevOps, our engineering team and our product team to:
- Write and re-write hardened, documented, and tested web- and api-based applications
- Create CLI tools with and for the DevOps team
- Define best practice and lay the ground for an expanding Rust team
A fair chunk is green-field work (and no, it’s not crypto-currency related ).
We prefer event-based architectures, cloud (AWS) and serverless. The good stuff.
Whilst technical competence is critical, we place great emphasis on passion, communication and collaboration across the business.
- You have a solid experience creating and maintaining web-based and api-based applications (in Rust or not);
- You can demonstrate having built non-trivial Rust projects, ideally web or CLI related;
- You are able to communicate clearly, both in writing and orally, and collaborate effectively with a remote team ;
- You understand that documentation is half the battle, and that untested code is broken code ;
- You know it takes time to build anything correctly, and you also know how to “get things done” when the situation calls for it ;
- You are autonomous, but also know it’s better to ask than to guess. You are dependable, responsible, and committed.
It would be even more awesome if you built most of your development experience around Ruby On Rails ; and/or have experience developing for/with AWS Serverless technologies (API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB).
OCR Labs is a London-based start-up (with team in many locations but many in Australia) that is a global pioneer in the development of digital identity verification technology. We’ve built everything from the ground up and have a broad range of blue-chip customers across banking, telecommunications, government and more. We’ve perfected the technology in Australia and New Zealand, and are quickly expanding into the northern hemisphere.
We’re still a small team of about 70 members, and take pride in making it smart and inclusive. The position is remote and the work week can be flexible. Remuneration will be competitive and based on experience.
We encourage people from all backgrounds and genders to apply to this position. As an early member of the team, you will have a great impact on its future shape.
Instructions on how to apply
Send an email through to firstname.lastname@example.org with “I love Rust” in the title.
Write a few lines about you and attach you resume.
Add any link you think will help us assess your soft and hard skills ;
If you peak our interest, we’ll set up a video chat and go from there.