Customer Success Specialist, Augmented Home (Full Time)
You love people. You love helping people. You love exciting new technology. If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
At Occipital, we're working on spatial computing — using computer vision to reconstruct and understand your surroundings, to allow software to operate over real world spaces. We've launched many products in this area, from 3D sensing products like Structure Sensor to user-facing applications such as Canvas.
This position will focus on the Augmented Home area of the company, where Canvas is already changing the way home improvement firms capture physical spaces. The customers we typically work with range from small architecture firms and interior designers, to emerging venture-backed tech startups focusing on the home, all the way up to major home product companies like retailers. This is a traditional (pen and paper) industry reinventing itself with the emergence of 3D and spatial technologies, and we’re in the very early stages of its adoption in the market. This means providing fast, high-quality, and personalized customer success is critical to getting our customers up and running.
We’re looking for a tech-savvy, ambitious customer success professional who thrives on wearing multiple hats, building relationships with customers big and small, and has a “do whatever it takes” attitude toward solving problems. For some customers, they may know exactly what they need, and your job is simply packaging the information in a way that inspires them to take the next action. For others, our product may already be embedded in an incredibly critical workflow, and your job is to make sure they feel like you’re the hero to save the day (and then be the one to do it!). Across the board, they need a coach that’s going to help them achieve their goals and accelerate their business. Success in this role will be measured by how well you onboard, retain, and grow customers — not how many tickets you close.
The primary responsibilities of this role will include:
- Quickly getting up to speed on Occipital products as it relates to Augmented Home and their technical foundations. Understand frequently asked questions, the answers to those questions, and the technical reasons behind our answers (so you can repackage the information for different types of customers with different needs).
- Learning the systems that Occipital uses (or may adopt) to manage customer support, including third-party SaaS tools and customized internal tools.
- Providing high-quality, personalized support to customers at various stages of their lifecycle including pre-sale, onboarding, and ongoing usage with a focus on rapid response, accurate information and a friendly demeanor.
- Being flexible in tailoring your support style, channels (i.e., phone, email, Slack, etc.) and process to different types of customers — we can’t do the exact same thing for a 1-person small business as a large enterprise with an annual contract, but we want all of them to be fanatical supporters of our products (and our support).
- Being a principled problem-solver and debugger — “My scan is inaccurate!” could be for many different reasons, and we will be counting on you to untangle the problem, try to solve it yourself, and then identify the right team or person to help you solve it if you can’t.
- Identifying trends in customer support and reporting back to the team on a regular basis.
- Addressing any customer trends by creating new support content (e.g. support articles, video tutorials, etc.) or suggesting features to various product teams.
- Contributing to various operations, such as staying on top of shipments to customers, or managing a small rental program.
- Advocating for and being the “guinea pig” for various customer experience experiments, and helping evaluate their success or failure (e.g. “Did adding live chat actually improve the customer experience?”).å
- Wherever possible, through both the process alone and through working with engineers to create new features or improvements, fixing things twice.
To succeed in this role, we’re looking for the following attributes:
- World-Class Communication Skills: You’ll be spending most of your day communicating — with customers, and with our team. The most important trait we’re looking for is someone who is highly capable of communicating their message clearly, concisely, and persuasively in both verbal and written mediums.
- Ability To Improvise: New products don’t always have well-defined answers or FAQs, and they definitely don’t always come with a case study for how they work for every particular industry. You’ll do a lot of thinking on your feet, and it’s important to build rapport to help keep your talking points in “customer-specific language.”
- Tech-Savviness: Our products wrap very complex technology into deceptively simple, magical experiences. To successfully sell our products, you need to be able to understand what’s going on under the hood, and explain that to customers of varying levels.
- Drive and Responsibility: We’re all driven self-starters. If we’re blocked in doing our job, we proactively find out how to unblock ourselves and keep moving forward.
- Attention To Detail & Process: We strive for perfection in all that we do, whether it is creating a beautifully simple user interface, or writing clear, concise and error-free responses to our customers. We also strive to work smarter, not harder, and look for our teammates to be systematic in their approach.
- Patience and Empathy: You’re going to talk to people that are on urgent project deadlines, or who may have been handed the device by someone on their team to figure out with no context. At every step, you need to be the helpful coach that gets them through to the next step — and meet them wherever they are in terms of technical skills. We are looking for someone with a true desire to help people.
As well, we are looking for people that are organized, self-starting, and fun!
- +2 years of Customer Success. Sales experience will be considered (and is a bonus), but we would like to see a track record of working with customers during onboarding in particular.
- Experience offering phone and email support.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
- Experience with 3D or CAD software such as SketchUp, Revit, AutoCAD, or similar
- Knowledge of current trends in AR/VR, computer vision, and home improvement industries.
This position is available remote, or in our offices in Boulder, Colorado.