Who We Are
We are a growing start-up with amazing opportunities!
Nearsure was created to help US-based companies augment their software development teams efficiently. By being remote-first and connecting with developers across Latin America, we can access top tech talent while keeping a lean organizational structure.
Our reach spans thousands of IT professionals, with skills in multiple industries and technologies. We have a fully distributed team working remotely from Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, and Uruguay and we want to keep expanding all over Latin America!
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer based in Latin America with Java and Groovy expertise to work on a challenging project in the US. You will be joining the team of a health care industry that is working with data-enabled technologies to reduce surgical complications and improve outcomes. Their applications empower surgeons and hospitals with data visibility, learning, and automation tools to address surgery’s most acute problems.
The successful candidate will also collaborate and communicate remotely with a team of other Engineers, QAs, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners to deliver code with a strong focus on quality, using agile methodologies.
This is a full-time position with a 40-hours workload per week.
- Design and implement products and applications using Java.
- Work in real-time data exchange.
- Solve problems to improve patient outcomes and scaling the system.
- Help the team define and maintain development practices that let the client iterate quickly while maintaining quality.
- Work in agile programming environment.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience developing in Java
- Experience with MySQL
- Deep experience in Groovy/Grails.
- Experience and comfort with relational databases such as Mysql and PostreSQL is a must.
- Experience with AWS is required.
Nice to Have:
- Preferred developers with experience writing analytical software using data warehouses and large data sets
- Experience with Angular is a plus, but most of the work is in Java and Groovy.
What We Offer
- Work from home, with flexible working schedules
- Competitive salary in USD
- Paid time off (annual leave, national holidays, sick time, and parental leave)
- Take part in challenging projects for distributed companies in the US
- Integrate a growing team with great opportunities for professional growth and a friendly, multicultural environment with great company culture.
- A tailor-made benefits package focused on health, wellbeing, entertainment, training, and personal finances available for you to choose what you really care about
We are a fully distributed, multicultural company looking for the best talent in Latin America. Don’t hesitate to apply if you feel you are a good fit for this position!
*Please note that we only process applications with resumes in English.