- We’re porting our outdated website at www.naturalhealthsherpa.com to our modernized content and commerce platform we’re building at www.metabolicliving.com on Shopify.
- We’re strategically integrating our in-house direct response platform that we’ve built over the past 8 years with Shopify so we can leverage the best of elements of each platform
- An end-to-end assessment of tools we’ve built internally to determine what should be migrated to SaaS and what we should continue to develop/maintain
- Developing strategy to extend our success into the mobile app world; as up until now, we’ve been 100 web-focused with no app, but we have a huge opportunity with our own app
- Strategically guide the company’s overall tech decisions as we continue on our path towards building out a billion-dollar lifestyle brand that penetrates into the offline retail channel
- Deep experience as an end-to-end application/web architect responsible for every single part of the project including requirements gathering, project management, system architecture, infrastructure setup, coding, integrating with third parties and documenting and testing.
- Highly marketing- and revenue-focused technology experience with heavy emphasis on e-commerce-related activities such as analytics, split testing, payment processing, etc.
- 10+ years’ experience as a software engineer/web developer with recent, applicable focus on database-driven web applications on a LAMP stack.
- Familiar with various development, testing, and DevOps processes and techniques and can provide direction to a small technical team and the company on how to be efficient and nimble
- Working knowledge with a variety of development and process (task tracking, build automation, load testing, etc.) and can guide the introduction and improvement of processes.
- Expertise in solution architecture, with proven experience creating strategic plans and visions for technology and executing on the tactical efforts to get there.
- Ability to build complex PHP applications quickly, efficiently, and under pressure. Our application stack runs on CodeIgniter, so working knowledge of that framework is a plus.
- Just as good with SQL as you are with PHP with ability to write ad-hoc queries for data extracts by hand, optimize tables with 100s of millions of rows, and built new, smart database schemas.
- Familiarity with CDNs (especially Amazon S3 and CloudFront) and general web speed optimization design patterns and techniques.
- Solid knowledge of Linux, Apache, and general infrastructure/server support so you can troubleshoot and optimize as needed with our hosting team.
- You’re a self-starter who can take initiative and run with the ball without having to be told what to do and you love analyzing seemingly intractable problems and devising creative solutions.
- You’re a strong project manager who can scope out technical requirements based on business needs, define deliverables, create a project plan and then execute and deliver upon that plan.
- You’re available during normal Eastern business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET) with occasional off-hour support during critical business events.
- Strategically building, managing and leader our technology team
- Optimizing the feature set in our direct response software platform (LAMP), integrating with 3rd party tools, optimizing our web infrastructure and creating workflow automation modules.
- Designing, maintaining and enhancing internal systems, programs and web applications, including e-commerce, marketing campaign tracking, content management and more.
- Building and improving existing and new analytics and reports using MySQL, large datasets, and a custom-build replication and data warehouse engine.
- Manage asset, code, and database deployments to managed servers and cloud servers, as well as building or finding tools to improve and automate the deployment and testing process.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve any system you work with, looking for opportunities to use technology to deliver clear, measurable value to the business.
Engages – Attacks projects
immediately, doing just the right amount of planning to avoid analysis
paralysis, constantly pushing and
maintaining high intensity.
Ownership – Takes personal
responsibility for projects due to a deep
sense of pride, going the extra mile, constantly surprising, solving problems proactively.
Results – Prioritizes work based on what’s
most impactful to company, while deftly cycling through tasks to produce the most meaningful results the
Persists – Embraces get-it-done
attitude, relentlessly attacks problems at different angles until something
works, staying resilient until the
task is done.
- Collaborates Smoothly – Gels well within or across teams, respecting others, communicating candidly, no hidden agendas, coordinating effectively so things get done faster.
Competitive Salary – This respects
the fact that you are a needle in a haystack, a true high-performer that any
company would die to have on their team.
Bonuses – Additional cash
compensation based both on company as well as individual performance, allowing
you to participate in the company’s upside success.
Flexible Benefits – We can customize your benefits to your
specific situation, rather than forcing you to accept something that may not
make sense for you.
Flexibility – A fantastic
lifestyle that allows you to work from home, have flexible hours when needed
with ability to carve out time to do what you love.
- Curated Team – Peace of mind knowing we only recruit high-performing, humble people and that you’ll be surrounded by a supportive, high-energy team that respects you and your work.
Apply for this position
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we can’t wait to meet you! Please apply via: https://naturalhealthsherpa.workable.com/j/21C819510F