Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland
View all Namaste Technologies jobs →
At this time we are only considering candidates located in the European Economic Area (EEA). If you are not currently residing in the EU please check back in the future for other opportunities.
Namaste is looking for a Release Engineer to join our team. The right person will be extremely organized, have an unparalleled eye for detail, and be confident in their skills to work independently (as well as part of a team). An understanding of the development process is a must. Experience supporting the servers and other infrastructure that production code runs on is a must. Beyond working in ops, infrastructure, and the software development process you should enjoy working in an evolving industry.
- 2-3 years supporting systems running on AWS services using technologies such as EC2, Cloudfront, S3, Route53, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy.
- 2-3 years of working on a development team, in any capacity.
- Creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiar with managing Docker containers.
- Understanding of code Version Control Systems (like Git) and deployment processes.
- In-depth understanding of eCommerce and common website and application features, along with confidence in your understanding of best practices.
- Experience with Linux and Bash code.
- Mastery of the English language, both written and spoken, and ability to communicate your ideas clearly and concisely.
- Strong desire to constantly be learning and improving both yourself and the products our development team produces (be prepared to spend a great deal of time doing research on standards and best practices).
- Willingness to go the extra mile to prevent a delay shipping new code to production.
- Extremely tech-savvy, with a firm grasp on how to best communicate feedback to developers for a variety of situations.
- A general passion for engineering and technology.
Nice to have:
- Past application orchestration experience and a proven track record of automating processes within Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- A background working as a SysAdmin or in another DevOps role.
- Experience with working remotely, as there will likely be some remote work.
- Past Agile team experience with daily Scrums.
- Experience with managing big data infrastructure.
- Experience using workflow platforms to provide feedback to development teams, such as Trello, JIRA, etc.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Always working to or willing to improve your work
- Proactive attitude
- Get the chance to work in an exciting industry
- Stock Options
We believe in building a team where developers can have access to an environment of growth and incredible opportunities. Our culture is based around the proactive, selfless values that make up every Namaste tribe member.