We are hiring a Teacher Success Advocate to join our Teacher Team. We are hiring a Teacher Success Advocate who can be a supportive, responsive friend to our teachers who reach out for help. Teacher Success Advocates ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers. This is a full-time contract role for a two-month evaluative period, with the possibility of converting to a permanent position afterwards.
- Are you a positive person who loves helping others?
- Are you able to empathize easily?
- Are you detail oriented and enjoy solving complex problems?
- Are you a strong communicator?
What is Mystery Science?
Mystery Science creates open-and-go lessons that inspire kids to love science. We reach children before they've lost their natural curiosity so we can help the next generation develop a scientific understanding of the world. We are millions of children this school year by helping elementary teachers to teach science. Mystery Science is the fastest growing science curriculum in the U.S. and is already used by teachers in more than 20% of elementary schools in the country.
Mystery Science was started by two long-time friends, Doug Peltz and Keith Schacht. Doug was a master classroom teacher, a science department head, and the creator of an original science curriculum that made science the most popular subject at his school. Keith Schacht, our CEO, has started and sold three technology companies, was a product manager at Facebook, and a TED speaker. We’re backed by a great group of investors including Y Combinator, Learn Capital, and Reach Capital.
As a Teacher Success Advocate, you will:
- Be a supportive, responsive friend for teachers who reach out for help
- Respond promptly to email and phone inquiries
- Resolve any customer issues including account or technical problems
- Regularly share and synthesize what you’re learning about our customers with other people on the Mystery Science team
- Keep organized records of your communications
- Support our mission through additional projects and initiatives
What we’re looking for in you:
- You have experience providing outstanding customer service.
- You have exceptional written and communication skills.
- You are a creative problem solver with attention to detail.
- You are comfortable learning new technology.
- You have experience working and thriving in a remote position.
What is the Mystery Science team like?
On your first day at Mystery Science, you’ll meet a team of people who are passionate about science and teaching, and who each love their respective crafts. Our co-founder, Doug Peltz, began by assembling the best science explainers in the world from the Exploratorium, Klutz, LePort Schools, Stanford, and The Field Museum. Our focus on people extends to every area of the company. We’re building the team that we want to work with (http://mysteryscience.com/team
We are a product-driven company. The core of what we do is create an incredible product that our customers love. We test every science activity, observe every explanation with children, and talk with teachers constantly. We take our responsibility to envision the future of learning very seriously and we want to bring the best science education to every child in the world. This is an opportunity to join a startup and transform science education for the next generation of children.
This is a full-time contract role for a two-month evaluative period, with the possibility of converting to a full-time employee position afterwards. The pay for this position is $19/Hour.