Full-TimeDesignNorth America Only
mStoner is looking for an experienced UX specialist who can translate research, analytics, client goals, and customer needs into solutions that deliver results on university and college websites. This newly created position will contribute to the growth and creativity of a data-informed, user-centered and technology-forward company.
As UX Specialist, you’ll join an experienced team of strategists, designers, and technologists bringing higher education brands to life on the web through elegant and immersive experiences. You’ll report to our Creative Director.
Success in this role requires a user-focused approach, ability to analyze complex or vague situations, and strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition, we’re looking for someone who will thrive as a member of a collaborative, casual, and collegial team in multiple locations.
Estimated compensation: $65,000 to $85,000 depending on level of experience.
What You’ll Do
- Develop UX ideas and solutions and express them in the form of wireframes, user flows, personas, experience maps, design specs and/or lo-fi mock-ups
- Work with designers and developers to ensure UX solutions are properly translated to design and code
- Facilitate user research studies and other methods of discovery
- Conduct moderated usability tests via online tools, synthesizing the findings into client-facing documents with recommended improvements
- Contribute to reports, presentations, and other client-facing deliverables
- Partner with content specialists to develop user-centered information architecture
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of experience in a digital agency
- Prior experience delivering UX solutions to clients
- Experience in and passion for designing digital products from ideation to implementation
- Fluent in UX design tools, such as Sketch, inVision, Optimal Workshop, Lookback, and Slickplan
- Proven experience with a variety of user testing and UX research methods
- Previous experience working in Higher Education communications, a plus
- Previous experience developing solutions for large and complex websites with content management systems/processes, a plus
- Google analytics certification, a plus
- Must be a good problem solver, and someone who is curious and enjoys learning new skills
- Must be organized and able to manage and track time effectively
- Must be able to meet deadlines and negotiate priorities with other team members
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a given week
- Must be versatile and able to contribute and add value to the team on a variety of tasks
- Must be proactive and self-motivated, this position is not for someone who needs to be told exactly what to do and how to do it
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers from a variety of professional disciplines and at different levels of authority
- Strong preference for someone who will work in our downtown Chicago office
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a remote / distributed environment
- Must be available to travel two to four days per month for client discovery