Request for Proposals: Mobile Constituent Relationship Management System (REMOTE)
Headquarters: Berkeley, CA
Visit company website
View all MoveOn jobs
Request for Proposals:
Comprehensive Mobile Constituent Relationship Management System
As mobile organizing becomes increasingly central to MoveOn’s ability to have impact, our Mobile Team seeks to hire a firm to provide a comprehensive mobile constituent relationship management system.
As we move into the second half of Trump’s first and hopefully only term, your mobile CRM will support our ongoing resistance to Trump and Republicans’ attacks on so many communities and our democracy as a whole. MoveOn members’ use of your mobile CRM will also help to build power for the progressive movement, building on the success of recent mass mobilizations, as well as November’s blue wave. Ultimately, our use of your mobile CRM will help advance our vision of a post-Trump America in which white supremacy, patriarchy, and all forms of bigotry and greed are retreating, corporations and the billionaire class have lost their stranglehold on Washington, and core progressive values such as equality, sustainability, justice, and love increasingly guide our society’s choices.
More specifically, we will use your platform to organize millions of MoveOn members to take action via text and SMS as part of campaigns ranging from passing the Dream Act to ending the war in Yemen to building support for Medicare for All.
Mobile organizing has become an increasingly important mechanism for MoveOn to organize activists and mobilize them to attend events, make phone calls to advocacy campaign targets, chip in funding for our campaigns, and take other actions. Your mobile CRM will be a crucial part of our Mobile Team’s ability to conduct this work.
In our external campaigning as well as our internal work together as a team, we seek to advance core values of equity and inclusion, including a commitment to identifying and uprooting unjust oppression. We know social identities including race, gender, immigration status, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, and more can show up in organizations and the movement in ways that provide unfair advantages to some while unfairly disadvantaging others. We will expect that to the extent you are interacting with our team, you will partner with us in supporting equity and opposing oppression.
MoveOn is the largest independent progressive advocacy group in the United States. MoveOn is where millions mobilize for a better society—one in which everyone can thrive.
Whether it's supporting a candidate, passing legislation, or changing our national culture, MoveOn members are committed to an inclusive and progressive future. We envision a world marked by equality, sustainability, justice, and love. And we mobilize together to achieve it.
Over the past 20 years, MoveOn members have been part of game-changing victories and have worked together to play a leading role in ending the war in Iraq, passing landmark legislation such as health care reform, and advancing the cause of economic fairness. Since the 2016 election, we have formed a pillar of the resistance to Donald Trump. MoveOn Political Action’s 2018 “Resist & Win” election work led to hundreds of thousands of additional votes for Democratic candidates nationwide.
We should note that, within this project, you will do work for both MoveOn Civic Action and MoveOn Political Action, a 501(c)(4) and federal political action committee, respectively. Your proposal will be for both entities, and you may be asked, at MoveOn’s discretion, to enter a separate contract with each entity or to divide any fixed fee between them and allocate per-message charges based on actual usage by each entity.
Project Goals and Deliverables
We seek a vendor who can provide a comprehensive mobile constituent relationship management system, including the following:
- A 2-way SMS broadcast tool capable of sending
- 1M SMS messages in 5 minutes and
- 1M MMS 850kb messages in 60 minutes.
Custom audience creation and report building, without hard limits on upload or download size.
Variable access levels for users.
Call-routing system with congressional, state legislative, gubernatorial, and AG target data and available customization, for incoming patch-throughs as well as outgoing calls. System must work for these use cases:
- User dials 800 number and we route them to correct target (incoming).
- User submits phone number + ZIP on a form, we dial them and then route them to correct target (outgoing).
Robust and well-documented API to facilitate integration with our data warehouse and the creation of custom software solutions.
First-tier aggregator and/or direct-carrier relationships.
99.9% uptime guarantee.
The contract will likely run from April 1, 2019, through December 31, 2020.
Competitive proposals will cost $.01/sms or less, $.03/mms or less, and $.10/connected call minute or less.
Criteria for Selection
- Able to deliver on deliverables outlined above.
- Intuitive user experience.
- Extent and documentation of the API.
- Uptime guarantee.
- Client support services (how much dedicated agent time, tech support response time, etc.).
- Scalable cost.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity and anti-oppression in your firm’s work.
- Your team’s ability to collaborate closely with the MoveOn team.
- Ability to stay on budget and track projects and billing effectively.
- Firm’s electronic security and data protection practices.
- Financial stability of firm.
Proposal Process & Timeline
We will accept proposals until 9 a.m. ET Monday, March 11.
We plan to follow up to schedule conversations with a portion of the firms submitting proposals and aim to have a decision in the following weeks.
Principal Point of Contact
Submit proposals via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mobile CRM.”
What the Proposal Should Include
- An overview of the firm and the work you have done.
- A description of your product and how it works.
- A description of the support you are prepared to provide (including dedicated agent time, tech support response time, etc.).
- An explanation of why your product would work well for MoveOn.
- An uptime guarantee.
- An explanation of whether and how your firm has advanced the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Proposed cost structure.
- A link to documentation for your available API.
- Past clients that MoveOn may reach out to as references, with contact info.
- MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
- The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No Obligation to Contract: This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of Proposals: MoveOn reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
Nondiscrimination: The vendor will adopt and disseminate a policy that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.