MOVEON REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (Independent contractors and firms)
Project title: MoveOn Online Store Management
Submission: Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Online Store Management" in thesubject line. Proposals accepted on a rolling basis until February 10, 2021.
Project begins: March 2021. Initial one-year contract with an option for renewal in 2022.
MoveOn is the largest independent progressive advocacy group in the United States. MoveOn is where millions mobilize for a better society—one in which everyone can thrive. Whether it's supporting a candidate, passing legislation, or changing our national culture, MoveOn members are committed to an inclusive and progressive future. We envision a world marked by equality, sustainability, and justice. And we mobilize together to achieve it.
MoveOn maintains a storefront, https://store.moveon.org
, where people can purchase merchandise -- stickers, t-shirts, books, etc. -- supporting the organization’s campaigns and work. The store is housed on Shopify. Beginning approximately March 2021, MoveOn is seeking a vendor to manage the storefront, including printing merchandise items, order fulfillment, inventory management, customer service, and IT support.
Scope of work:
MoveOn is seeking a vendor to manage our existing Shopify storefront, including the following services:
- Storefront Management:
- Day-to-day management of the storefront, including the timely creation of new store components as necessary (e.g., new product pages, new collection pages, new product images), and ensuring product pages, inventory numbers, shipping information, and other details are accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensure all components of the store are in working order at all times, including order and check out systems.
- Be integrated with Shopify Admin so as to monitor orders in close-to-real-time and respond within the turn-around time committed to; manage products, store inventory, shipping set-up, and orders efficiently.
- Order Fulfilment: Handle fulfillment of store orders, facilitating optimal customer experience and timely delivery of items. Vendor needs to commit to a maximum turn-around time of 72 hours for fulfillment of in-stock items. If requested, also fulfill orders that have been taken on MoveOn’s own order system (separate from Shopify) -- these projects generally involve a big volume of orders for one or a small number of items, and MoveOn staff will provide the order data (names, shipping address, items ordered) in spreadsheets.
- Printing of merchandise items: If requested, print via a union shop and/or procure items printed by union shops items for which MoveOn will provide design files for. These are likely items that the vendor will handle fulfillment for. Please indicate if you have the capability of providing design services for merchandise items, if needed (both graphic and industrial -- i.e. preparing existing art files for production -- design).
- Inventory Management: Handle and store all physical inventory for MoveOn’s merchandise from a variety of different vendors. Keep track of inventory, ensure numbers are updated in Shopify and in regular communications to MoveOn staff contacts, and ensure inventory is safe and secure.
- Customer Service: Answer customer questions and requests, including address changes and item complaints, in a timely and customer-centric fashion, or refer such questions to central MoveOn member service if relevant. Track and report on customer service requests and responses transparently using a software service such as FreshDesk.
- IT Support: Ensure the MoveOn store is working at all times, and troubleshoot problems that may arise. Make updates or edits to the Shopify site when necessary; work with MoveOn staff to install, update, and test Shopify apps when relevant.
Reports to: Growth Initiative Project Director
Criteria for selection: All applicants will be judged on the basis of criteria including:
- Demonstrated experience and strong systems in place to manage large-scale, fast-moving merchandise projects, including printing merchandise, storefront management, inventory, fulfillment, customer service, and IT support.
- Experience and readiness to provide services in a nimble, rapid response, high-volume environment and provide regular status update reports in a timely, responsive way.
- Experience working with value driven organizations of similar national scale, complexity, public brand, and risk profile.
- Union status: unionized vendors able to source union made or union printed goods will be prioritized. Demonstrated ability to procure union made or union printed goods at a reasonable cost with fast turnaround times strongly valued.
- A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion. Strong equity lens, commitment to undoing systemic oppression in society and within workplaces, and skill in navigating complex dynamics around identity.
To be considered for this role, please submit a proposal to email@example.com
with “Online Store Management” in the subject line which includes the following information below. Please make sure to include the following information:
- Tell us about your company - size, location, management, union status, date founded, clientele, etc.
- Services offered — as related to this RFP, what services do you offer, and what experience does your company have with these services?
- Are there any services requested in this RFP that would be new or different for your company, or would present a challenge, and why? How will you handle these services? Please provide expected timelines for the services provided.
- High-volume, rapid response experience — MoveOn is seeking a vendor that can handle large volumes of multiple different merchandise projects simultaneously, in a rapid response capacity.
- Please describe your experience handling large, multifaceted projects on tight timelines, and describe the systems you have in place to meet these needs.
- Specifically, do you have capacity for on-demand printing or testing of merchandise items? If so, please explain what capacity you have.
- Staffing - who would manage this account? Who would be day to day in touch with MoveOn staff?
- Cost/Budget - What would be the cost of the services laid out in your RFP? How will that be tracked and billed? What would be outside the scope and incur additional cost, and how will that be communicated and tracked?
- For goods, please provide 1) a quote for full-color stickers, 4 x 6 for quantities 10,000 and 100,000 at price breaks and 2) Royal Apparel 5051, one color front, two color back at quantities 100 to 1000 at price breaks.
- For services, make sure to include any upfront/startup costs, and then provide a sample annual and monthly cost summary for services outlined. Please include how fulfillment is handled, any storage fees, customer service fees, web support fees, and whether you add value to postage.
- Data Security: Describe how MoveOn’s data (member and order information, financial information, etc.) will remain secure.
- Explain whether and how your firm has advanced the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion within the firm, and state how that is reflected in the leadership and ownership of the firm.
- References — past clients that MoveOn may reach out to as references, with contact information.
- Availability — when would your company be available to begin transitioning management of the MoveOn store?
- Source: where did you hear about this RFP?
- MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
- The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No obligation to contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of proposals
MoveOn reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
The vendor will adopt and disseminate a policy that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.