Digital Voter Mobilization Director (Temp 2020, Remote) at MoveOn
Full-TimeAll OtherAnywhere (100% Remote) Only
Digital Voter Mobilization Director (Temp 2020, Remote) at MoveOn
Apply here: https://grnh.se/8e2bdbd71us
Anywhere in the Continental US
Full-time, Exempt • Starts ASAP/June 1 2020, Ends November 30, 2020 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populistmovement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women. In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
About the Position
The Digital Voter Mobilization Director is an experienced digital organizer and leader who is excited and passionate about helping to imagine, implement, and drive to results a voter mobilization strategy that uses every tool at MoveOn’s disposal -- and a massive base of millions of members -- to inspire battleground state voters to turn out to defeat Donald Trump, with a focus on scaled multichannel digital tactics.
The goal of the 2020 Voter Mobilization Team at MoveOn is to turn out 100,000 voters as safely as possible across nine battleground states to vote to defeat Donald Trump, with a focus on who we call “high potential voters” (traditionally called “low propensity voters”) -- young voters, first-time voters, people of color, new Americans and low-income voters who may not have otherwise voted. A core part of our strategy to accomplish this goal is to implement scalable tactics through digital or mobile channels such as by collecting “vote tripling” pledges - a tactic proven to increase voter turnout. The Digital Voter Mobilization Director will be responsible for leveraging MoveOn’s reach and base to digitally collect up to 1 million vote tripling pledges from battleground state voters, and identify and implement other scalable digital tactics to drive turnout in the 2020 election.
We are also hiring a Voter Mobilization Director: Vote Captains-- distinct from this role -- who will focus on recruiting, organizing, and supporting thousands of volunteer leaders to organize and turn out 10 of their friends, family members, and community members in battleground states. You can view that job here: https://front.moveon.org/careers/
Through this work, we seek to build durable, progressive people power to expand the MoveOn community for ongoing organizing to win positive change in people’s lives in 2020, 2021, and beyond.
- Bottomline responsible for the successful design and implementation of MoveOn’s multichannel voter mobilization strategy for scaled digital/mobile tactics such as (1) vote tripling and (2) other scalable tactics that have been proven to drive turnout, which you will play a key role in identifying, testing, and implementing.
- Strategy & Implementation:
- (1) Collecting mass amounts of Vote Tripling pledges
- Design and implement innovative multichannel strategies substantiated by data-informed tests to collect mass amounts of vote tripling pledges from battleground state voters, in particular high potential voters who may not have otherwise voted.
- Design and run tests and trials to optimize and sharpen the strategy for collecting vote tripling pledges in partnership with key teams across the organization.
- Work with teams and staff members across the organization to make sure we are leveraging every opportunity -- from online events like Facebook Lives to celebrity and influencer engagement -- to implement the vote tripling tactic.
- (2) Identifying and implementing tactics beyond vote tripling
- Identify, test, and implement at least 1-3 other digital/mobile tactics, such as recruiting MoveOn members at scale to volunteer with endorsed candidates' campaigns via a tool like Mobilize, to drive turnout in addition to vote tripling, and do the same as above for those tactics.
- Write and edit creative, engaging copy for multiple platforms and audiences that inspire members and voters to take online action. You will write, write, write on a daily and weekly basis for this role in particular -- everything from emails, to social posts, to sms scripts to implement these tactics and to fundraise for this work.
- Project Management:
- Manage all projects, workstreams, and tasks related to voter mobilization for scaled tactics (namely, vote tripling + additional scalable digital tactics identified to drive turnout)
- Run portions of weekly voter mobilization meetings for scaled voter mobilization tactics
- Create and manage a detailed content calendar specifically for scaled voter mobilization tactics
- Track and analyze performance of scaled voter mobilization tactics (emails, social media posts, texts)
- Write and circulate regular progress reports (on an established basis, likely weekly)
- Ensure legal compliance and financial reporting for scaled digital voter mobilization tactics
- Coordinate with external partners to build potential strategic partnerships to amplify the scaled voter mobilization tactics and ultimately collectively drive turnout
- Experience designing and running multichannel digital programs that drive people to take action at a mass scale
- Minimum 1 cycle of election experience in a management role
- Experience turning out what we call “high potential voters” (traditionally called “low propensity voters”) for progressive campaigns or causes
- Experience being a strategist and an implementation artist at the same time
- Demonstrated practice of centering equity, especially racial equity, and intersectionality in decision-making and daily work
- Demonstrated nimbleness; if this program doesn’t work, can shift and adapt quickly
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, including effectiveness as a storyteller able to engage multiple audiences, from inspiring MoveOn members to running team meetings
- Tech savvy, must be comfortable in a digital-first environment
- Experience with cross-organizational hyper collaboration and radical transparency; ability to internally organize to achieve collective buy-in and give, receive, and integrate feedback to/from programmatic colleagues, and over-communicate
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work, and paid family medical leave; staff holidays, professional development budget of $1,000, monthly cell phone and internet reimbursement of $175 per month, home office subsidy, and everything needed for a home office.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.