Motel’s Design Team:
- Leads clients through every phase of the design process, from initial research and visual identity, all the way through product design.
- Uses their familiarity with web and engineering limitations to design proactively, and routinely contributes in engineering-focused meetings.
- Has the vocabulary and articulation to explain concepts to folks with and without backgrounds in design.
- Pays special attention to creating designs that are accessible and usable by everyone.
- Can both create within clients’ existing brand guidelines, and/or create a comprehensive new style guide and visual identity guidelines.
- Creates robust styles guides, including well-organized, build-ready assets.
- Communicates skillfully with teammates and clients, who have a wide variety of design knowledge.
- Uses rapid prototyping and animation to express design concepts.
- Spends most of their day completing projects in Sketch, Adobe Suite, Principle, and InVision.
- Is passionate about personal growth as well as helping improve the quality of work across the team.
- Cultivates an environment of healthy communication, support, and collaboration.
If you check most or all of these boxes we would love to consider you for this position. Most qualified applicants will have 2 to 4 years of professional digital design experience and have worked successfully on a remote team before.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position will be between $69,000 and $83,000 annually.
As for benefits, we offer many!
- The cost of your health insurance is 100% covered by Motel. You may also add your family to your plan, and we’ll cover 50% of their cost too.
- The cost of vision and dental insurance is 100% covered by Motel for both you and your family.
- We are proud to offer twelve weeks of paid parental leave any time you add a new member to your family.
- We will give you a company card that is loaded with $300 every month to cover work-related expenses, such as a coworking space membership, home internet, coffee, and so on.
- We go on team-wide retreats about every nine months and we can’t wait for you to come along. We’ll explore a new city together and bond IRL.
- Every year we’ll give you $2,000 to spend attending industry-relevent conferences or classes.
- Our team works on a flexible schedule with very few meetings. You can get your work done each day at the time that works best for you.
- We enjoy each other’s company but realized we don’t get nearly enough of it. We’ll give you a Buddy Budget with $1,000 to spend every year traveling with your coworkers.
How to Apply
Please introduce yourself to us at email@example.com and Megan will follow up with you as soon as possible. In your email, please include:
- Your resumé
- Current employer
- Links to your online presence (portfolio, a live product that you’ve had a hand in, a working prototype you contributed to, a side project you’re passionate about, etc.)
- One or two paragraphs about how your experiences align with the expectations of our current team, with special attention given to your HTML / CSS experience and rapid prototyping experience
- If available, we’d love to review a working example of a style guide that you created in Sketch
Motel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity of background, age, story, and complimentary skill sets are what make teams successful. We are committed to making hiring decisions with that in mind and we provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Please note that we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.