Modern Tribe is looking for a talented, detail-oriented Product Designer to join our team. This role requires interaction, user experience, and visual design skills to shape our products at a fast-moving pace whilst maintaining a high level of product quality. We’re looking for experienced designers, comfortable working at any point in the design process. Our designers love research, ideate in low and high-fidelity, and value user testing. As a Product Designer, you will join us in elevating leading WordPress plugins, such as The Events Calendar and LearnDash, as well as bringing new products to market, within and outside the WordPress ecosystem.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
What you’ll do
- Lead the design process end-to-end, through workshops, inclusive ideation, storyboarding, and prototyping, resulting in full-fidelity designs validated by solid user testing.
- Co-lead with Product Owners and other designers on projects as an active collaborator. Leveraging your expertise to provide insight and valuable feedback, as well as robust guidance to your team
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team. Leverage user research, and utilize analytics to understand the targeted audience(s) and a product’s competitive landscape. Speak to and present ideas and concepts, ensuring design terminology is translated and accessible to all.
- Document, annotate and guide the implementation of ideas, including supporting the team for a successful release.
- Leverage Design Systems to their fullest; continuously auditing and improving them over time
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of product design experience as an individual contributor on a product design team
- Experience with a data-informed design process, paired with creativity and original thinking
- Experience in creating complex, multi-input interactions, experiences, and end-to-end flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- A great communicator, written and verbally. Able to talk big ideas and concepts but also execute on UX, UI, and interaction design.
- Advanced prototyping skills with experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- A great collaborator, across disciplines and cross-functional teams
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 4+ hours of overlap each day, let's chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
This role is full time with benefits that vary based on location.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.