Digital Strategist with Product Management Experience
View all Modern Tribe jobs →
Modern Tribe is looking for a seasoned digital strategist with strong Product Management experience to join our growing team.
The Strategist works with our customers to help focus business objectives, and translate them into executable plans for our design and development teams. That requires a broad understanding of technology, how it can be used to accomplish objectives, and how that technology will intersect with individuals inside and outside of an organization. The strategist and the PM are our primary intersections with our clients – you are the face of our projects.
The strategist answers the question “What?” and helps the design and development teams answer the question “How?” They work with the Project Manager to answer the questions “When?” and “How Much?” You will be leading projects between 50k – 1M+ for world renown brands and our live well and do good work culture.
In projects where we are leading product development, the strategist is as much a business consultant as anything else. We provide expertise and guidance on workflows and structure, and how technology is used. We guide innovation, ensuring that product market fit is correct, and ensuring that new products exist at the intersection of business objectives and user goals.
We shepard products from just a glimmer to successful releases. This requires an understanding of the product development cycle, how to release and when to release, how to target an MVP and guide a product roadmap successfully.
Note that scoping + strategy experience are a must-have for this role; Modern Tribe is not interested non-technical candidates at this time.
For our web projects, the strategist does much of the above coupled with work typically described as Content Strategy, or Design Thinking. The strategist leads user profile development, user flows, information architecture, and overall content strategy and messaging. The strategist executes detailed content models, taxonomy definition, and content relationships. They work with design team to ensure that the user experience accomplishes the project objectives. They work with the development team to ensure that features are built and structured for the maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
On top of all that, they are forced to work within constraints. The strategists work must always be cognizant of the timeline and budget requirements. This often requires the ability to think creatively and find interesting solutions to problems.
Specific tasks this will include:
- Client Leadership
- Project Roadmap, Sprint Planning, Backlog Management
- Product & Feature definition
- IA, Content Modeling, & Data Taxonomy Definition
- User Profile Development & User Flow Documentation
- Review and sign off on tasks, features & outcomes
- Helping define, scope, and estimate projects of all sizes
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding the lifecycle of digital projects
- Able to build, spec, and maintain a backlog
- Knowledge of content strategy methodologies and best practices
- Experience leading teams
- Working understanding of digital technologies (web, and native)
- Deep and profound love for spreadsheets and documentation
- Experience leading enterprise projects ($100k-$1million)
- Experience launching new products
- Comfort presenting and leading enterprise stakeholders
- Deeper experience in:
- Development – solid understanding of WordPress content models and publishing flow, understanding of key web dev technologies and their strengths and weaknesses
- Design – ux, visual, or brand
- Marketing – campaign development, messaging, and copywriting
- UX & IA Skills – wireframing tools, site mapping tools
- Experience in interpreting analytics
- Familiarity with multiple project management methodologies – waterfall, scrum, and agile when to choose which
- A confidence + love for working remotely, and the potential social isolation that may bring
- Agency Experience
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of the US range but you work 5+ hours of overlap with EST to PST time let's chat. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
The strategist role at Modern Tribe is a contract role. Pay range is between $50-$65 US per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 10 hours a week for this gig.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Apply for this position
Apply on our website: http://m.tri.be/19-b