WHO WE ARE
RealPage is changing the technology real estate industry and our teammates know how to think big and leave their mark. If you want to join a globally progressive and inclusive company devoted to excellence, we are looking for you!
We are the leading global provider of software and data analytics to the real estate industry. We navigate clients toward the right decisions with data and technology insights they can only get from RealPage. Serving our clients is our highest priority and RealPage teammates are our greatest asset.
Come join a team where your work makes an impact every day!
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Modern Message, a RealPage Company, our focus is on building great products that solve real-world problems for our customers. Our core product is Community Rewards, an engagement platform for apartment residents, and our rapid growth will present you with a range of opportunities for achievement and long term growth.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join our growing and diverse team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a self-directed, experienced and highly communicative senior engineer to join our Core team, which focuses on the technical underpinnings of our Community Rewards product. We need someone who loves to study Ruby on Rails best practices, has the technical acumen to deliver consistently good code, and takes the initiative to search out ways to improve the application in terms of performance or stability. This person will also provide guidance to our more product focused engineering teams
A successful Senior Engineer will enjoy the ability to make a real impact on a product's direction, to create meaningful connections within Modern Message and to build quality software. Consequently the Senior Engineer will also shoulder part of the responsibilities for the day-to-day running of a sprint, the mentoring of other engineers, and the leadership of the cross-functional team. If this feels like the right mixture of freedom and challenge to you, we will be overjoyed to have you as part of the Modern Message Engineering Department.
- Day-to-day coding work where you'll be creating well designed, cohesive and highly decoupled systems
- Adhering to coding standards and helping to define new ones
- Writing unit tests and possibly some end-to-end tests, performing code reviews and pairing with other developers, both for mentoring and information sharing
- Diving deep into the existing code to figure out how to implement things so that they will fit into the current system
This role also exposes you to a combination of the following responsibilities:
- Run the kickoffs, stand-ups, and retros
- Keep an eye on the workflow, helping to clear blockers and keep things moving
- Creating work tickets, planning out a sprint, and managing priorities
- Help the Product Team define the scope for projects, pushing back on the scope until you've got a real MVP
- Perform research spikes to identify areas of risk, come up with a reasonable implementation plan, and to create tickets for the work
- Helping to define and refine metrics, help to generate and select experiments or MVPs which will help boost metrics, and judge the overall morale of the team, to make sure that the right challenges are being supplied
- Work closely with other members of your cross-functional Product and Engineering team: Product Managers, User Experience Designers and Visual Designers.
- Teams at Modern Message have members with varying backgrounds and abilities. A successful candidate will have the willingness and ability to guide and mentor teammates with less experience with grace and confidence, as well as be open to learning new skills and perspectives.
- 5+ years of Application Development in Ruby
- 5+ years of Application Development with Ruby on Rails
- 5+ years experience with RDMS, PostgreSQL preferred
- Familiarity with Unit Testing
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely as part of an agile (Scrum/Kanban) team
- Familiarity with distributed source control using Git, and common branching and merging strategies
While not required, please feel free to include links to social media, blog or portfolio work online if you would like to include it as part of your background.
Bonus Points for:
- Redux development experience
- PostgreSQL experience
- CSS styling experience
- Familiarity with the Atomic React Pattern
- Experience with 3rd party integrations
WHAT WE OFFER
At RealPage, we’re always looking for talented professionals who thrive in a learning work environment that continually supports individual greatness. We foster a culture of innovation and creativity. It is the things you do that bring out the best of you and RealPage.
RealPage considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all teammates feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.