Who we are
MindsDB helps companies use the power of Machine Learning to ask predictive questions of their data and receive accurate answers from it. We do all of this inside the database with a simple interface, decreasing development time and increasing accessibility.
We are a fast-paced, fast-growing company with an exciting future ahead!
Our history so far
- MindsDB are the largest, fastest growing open source Machine Learning project in the world with over 11k Github stars.
- Graduate of YCombinator (the startup accelerator for Stripe, Airbnb, and Coinbase).
- Backed by Walden Catalyst Ventures, YCombinator, OpenOcean (the venture fund launched by the creators of MySQL and MariaDB), SpeedInvest, and the University of California Berkeley.
- Recognized as one of America’s most promising AI companies by Forbes Magazine, one of the 8 most innovative AI and ML companies by TechRepublic, and recently nominated as a “Cool Vendors in Data for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning” by Gartner.
About the role
We are looking for a driven Backend Engineer (Python) to be a main developer of the infrastructure that powers our product.
Together with the team, you’ll work to drive platform stability, optimise performance, and develop new functionality. You’ll also help drive our next stage of growth, playing a key role in our serverless development.
We are a 100% remote team, allowing us to hire the best talent from around the globe. For this role we are hiring in North/South American time zones, approximately GMT-7 to GMT-4.
MindsDB is committed to flexible working. Our goal is for our people to feel free to work where, when and how they choose to enable our staff to balance their personal interests with their work commitments and deliverables, to support a happier and healthier way of life. Performance will be judged on output and staff are trusted to manage their working time effectively to meet work deadlines and goals whilst ensuring their wellbeing is prioritised. If that suits you we would encourage you to apply!
What you'll be working on
- Driving platform stability
- Maintaining platform components that enable our core product features
- Implementing security best practices
- Optimising performance & scalability
- Improving the performance of our current platform
- Helping transition us to a serverless cloud architecture
- Developing new functionality
- Collaborating with the all parts of the team
- Implementing major features and enhancements
- 5+ years Backend Engineering experience
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Experience with AWS, HTTP, TCP/IP, Docker
- Fast, high quality development
- Strong communication skills
Nice To Have
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience working in a fast moving, growing startup environment.
- Fluency and communication skills in Spanish
We understand that there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for someone passionate, proactive and ambitious, who is excited to face the challenges of a rapidly growing startup. MindsDB is the type of company where you can grow exponentially, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the candidate description.
Benefits & Perks:
- Fully remote team
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive Compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- New Hire Remote Setup budget
- Learning & Development budget
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (US only)
- Monthly Wellbeing Budget
- Monthly (virtual) team events
- International in-person company retreats
- Wellbeing/Mental Health leave
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion
MindsDB is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. MindsDB will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.