About the Role
The situation: Not to brag, but we've spent the last 10+ years creating highly-pragmatic content that's consistently been called everything from "best-in-class" to "life-changing." But we've got a somewhat-embarrassing problem ... No one knows about it.
Well, not "no one." We've had some great niche success, which we're incredibly grateful for, but our ambitions are bigger than that. The simple fact of the matter is, our content can make a difference in the lives of others, and not enough people are benefiting from it. We want to make our content available not only to those who can afford our premium coaching services, but to anyone who wants to achieve greatness, build more meaningful relationships, lead a more fulfilling life, and inspire others do the same.
To that end, we want to make our content more accessible to more people than ever. In doing so, we have three key goals:
- Positively impacting more lives in more meaningful ways,
- Building a powerful community of people who care deeply about relationships, and
- Giving those who resonate with our content a pathway to our premium products (such as executive coaching).
That's where you come in.
Your top three responsibilities, should you choose to accept them (don't worry: this message won't self-destruct in 2 minutes), would be: Establishing our thought leadership through consistent and expansive content promotion; Building an active and engaged community who crave our content by growing our mailing list and Twitter following; Creating a steady stream of community members who apply to become Mindmaven clients.
In other words, we're looking for someone to spearhead and manage our marketing efforts. Here's what that might look like in practice:
- Establish and oversee a content marketing strategy that includes both top-of-funnel and mid-funnel content. Content types may include: blogs, email campaigns, eBooks, web and landing pages, case studies, social media, videos, and infographics.
- Track the performance of content campaigns to determine success and learnings using relevant KPIs, such as conversion rates, click-through rates, LTV, and ROI.
- Plan and maintain an editorial calendar across all our content, from ideation to publication to promotion to measurement.
- Note that you typically won't be responsible for the production of content (we have a team for that, although we won't stop you from getting involved if you just love producing great content), but you will help direct our content production efforts.
- Build and execute campaigns across email and social media to build an active and engaged community of Mindmaven fans who crave our content.
- Architect lead scoring systems to help us identify which members of our audience would be a great fit for premium 1:1 coaching, and nurture them through the early stages of our pipeline.
- Identify and Develop Relationships with Collaborators and Partners to Increase the Reach of Our Content (Guest Content, Podcast Interviews, Webinar Co-Hosting, etc).
Here's the thing: This role is uncharted territory for us and, although we did our best to capture the key responsibilities above, the list probably isn't exhaustive. The hope here is that you're passionate about marketing and can help us identify and lead the charge on anything we may have missed.
Alright, let's talk about the most important factor in this equation: You. Here's what we're looking for in the perfect candidate:
- Experienced: You know your stuff. You've been in marketing for 3+ years (ideally in a startup environment), and have a track record of successful campaigns that you're ready and willing to show off.
- Servant Leader: You're driven by a genuine desire to help others and make the world a better place, and are looking to align yourself with a company that shares your values.
- Connection-Focused: You deeply resonate with John Donne's famous quote: "No man is an island." You understand no one you know has reached the top without help from others, so you're eager to build and manage the relationships you need to reach your fullest potential.
- Excellent Communicator: We pride ourselves on our open communication and have found many common problems can be eliminated altogether with a quick Slack message or Zoom chat. No need to play the Lone Ranger here.
- Ready, Fire, Aim: You understand that the best results come from action and calibration, not obsessive planning. You'd rather spend an hour putting together a rough plan, then seven hours executing and optimizing on that plan, than eight hours over-planning but accomplishing little.
- Highly Organized: You'll wear a lot of (very fashionable) hats here at Mindmaven, so please be able to seamlessly manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneur-at-Heart: You're a scrappy, self-driven problem solver who does what it takes to get the job done. You believe that no matter what happens, there's a solution to be found.
- Growth Mindset: The words "good enough" make your stomach turn. You seek opportunities to learn and aren't afraid to tackle new challenges in pursuit of growth and improvement.
- Detail & Data Oriented: You understand that opinions and gut feelings have their place, but that the ultimate source of truth is almost always data. You strive to make your decisions based on facts rather than feelings, and look for tangible ways to measure results in all things.
About Working at Mindmaven:
Still with us? That must mean the role sounds intriguing. By now, you may be wondering, "What's it like to work at Mindmaven?" And if you weren't before, you are now. We're glad you asked.
At Mindmaven, we’re looking for authentic, relationship-driven leaders full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description, because we also value those willing to learn and grow. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who want to make the world a better place and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
At Mindmaven, we:
- Are fundamental optimists (sometimes to a fault) who believe in the intrinsic good in others
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our clients win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy.
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins.
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work.
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback.
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar.
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery.
How to Apply:
Still with us? Great! Just respond to this listing and share why this role is perfect for you. Resumes are great (and important), but we want to hear why you believe Mindmaven is the right path for you. Please also include a link to your LinkedIn profile and portfolio. We look forward to meeting you!