At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to opportunities like few other skills. That's why we've rallied around the common goal of making coding accessible to as many people as possible.
With the Mimo app, we're making a beginner's first steps into coding easy and fun, but there's more to the app than simplicity. Using bite-size coding exercises and step-by-step programming projects, we're helping our learners form a habit of coding and get to measurable learning outcomes at their own pace. To help even more learners get into coding and eventually become developers, we're looking for an Android Developer.
If you, too, want to make coding accessible, this is your opportunity to shape the future of computer science education.
- Work within a small cross-functional team
- Implement best-practice solutions for our Android app
- Collaborate with your colleagues within your team and across teams
- Keep learning, sharing your knowledge, and supporting your colleagues
- 3+ years of experience in Android app development
- Strong knowledge in Kotlin
- Experience working with restful APIs
- A strong sense of ownership of your work
- Focus on writing maintainable, high-quality code
- Positive mindset, proactiveness, and team spirit
- Modern Kotlin stack including Coroutines and Flow
- MVVM combined with clean-architecture approach
- A healthy dose of Jetpack, Firebase, and some open-source libraries
- Bitrise/GitHub Actions as our CI/CD
Anytime, from anywhere: At Mimo, we have flexible working hours and there's no overtime. We have a physical location in Vienna, Austria, but are also spread over the world and have a remote-first policy. So no matter how you like to work, you'll fit in with us. You'll join a diverse, multicultural team with regular team activities, retreats, and many perks for fun and personal or professional development. Your annual salary will range from €49k to €60k, depending on your experience level and if you want to have an equity stake in Mimo, and will automatically increase by at least 5% every year.
- Growth budget: €680/year learning budget for books, conferences, etc.
- Home office equipment: everything you need to work comfortably