Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Full-Time | Remote | Professional | Exempt
Meru Health (name inspired by the documentaryMeru). We just raised Series B, we've hired over 165 people since Nov 2020 and just launched a new vertical within our org. By the end of 2022, we're planning to grow 2.5x on the general side, 6x within our clinical vertical and 50x within our coaching vertical. Our plan is to go public in the next few years and we are on a mission to empower 10 million people suffering from mental health challenges by 2027. If helping an org scale excites you, please keep reading.
We are looking for a Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team. This is a full-time, remote position. Most importantly, you are aligned with our mission and values.
TEAM STRUCTURE & WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
You would be joining a team of 7 Talent Acquisition members, reporting directly to our Director of Talent Acquisition & working closely with various key stakeholders across the organization. Req-wise, you’ll be expected to manage an average of up to 7 roles at any given time with the support of both Sourcers and Coordinators so you can fully focus on the art of recruiting to provide an exceptional interviewer & candidate experience.
To be successful in this role, you have "been there done that" when it comes to helping an organization scale through partnering with hiring managers to ensure we meet our growth goals with quality, not quantity. You are an outside of the box thinker with a high level of emotional intelligence, knowing when to have boundaries and when to flex with competing demands. As a culture add, you approach personal and professional relationships from a place of care, curiosity and open-mindedness. You genuinely care about the wellbeing of others and are actively keeping inclusion & diversity top of mind.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MERU HEALTH:
- Ownership. The Talent Acquisition team is one of the most essential parts of Meru Health. Without our recruitment efforts and hires, our company could not exist.
- Coaching. You will receive weekly coaching during your first 6 months to support your personal and professional development and goals.
- Growth Opportunities & Startup Experience. We are scaling extremely fast and our current stage of development is far beyond where our competitors’ were at in the stage we’re currently in.
- Trust / Flexibility / Fully Remote. There is a lot of ownership, flexibility and trust when it comes to the recruiting team. We meet daily, but your schedule is your own as long as you get your work done.
- PTO. 4 weeks of PTO your first year and 5 weeks after that + 12 paid holidays
- Multicultural and International Team. Surround yourself with a global team who’s passionate about DEI and cares most about the wellbeing of people and the world. We do our best to practice and keep each other accountable when it comes to diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence while knowing we are all a work in progress.
- We are Revolutionizing Mental Healthcare. Join a team that is changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive. We work with Stanford, Harvard, UC Davis and other top universities as well as insurance companies like Cigna & Humana
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Full-Cycle Recruiting: managing an average of 7 roles at any given time from sourcing to outreach, coordination, debriefs and negotiating offers (experience recruiting in the mental health field preferred)
- Partnering w/ Hiring Managers: partnering, coaching, educating and working with our hiring managers to sharpen their skills and our overall industry knowledge to ensure we’re accurately managing candidate and interviewing team expectations from the start of each kick-off call
- High-Volume Recruiting/ Time Management & Prioritization: managing an average of 7 roles from entry to C-level while partnering with hiring managers across all departments to reach our hire goals
- DEI Marketing: writing effective and high-trafficked blurbs for social media platforms and identifying the appropriate job boards for specific roles
- Strategic & High Impact Thinking: creating creative sourcing strategies and outreach material where you are reaching out to an average of 250 leads weekly - of course this will vary depending on seniority level and how niche the roles are given the current market
- Communicating: managing verbal and written correspondence on an ongoing basis to ensure a world class candidate experience
- Connecting: genuinely connecting with key stakeholders and all prospective leads
- Educating: your approach to selling is one of education; you enjoy educating people to help them understand why and how they’d benefit from an opportunity so they can make the best informed decision
- Being a Team Player: you think and make decisions based on what’s best for the team
- Being Solutions Oriented: you like the rush of being challenged with an issue and taking the initiative to solve it
- Having an Engineering Mind: you enjoy data analytics and are very much metrics driven
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- At 6 months: you’ve learned our culture and you are effectively managing an average of 7 roles across departments
- At 1 year: you have closed 15+ roles with a 90% retention rate
- Skilled in communicatingwith & partnering with executives to fill their roles
- Effective decision-making, healthy boundaries and encouraging accountability
- Boundaries, fostering accountability and being the expert in this partnership with hiring managers: knowing when to flex, push back, coach/educator and redirect to ensure positive, long term results
- High-volume experience across departments
- Passion for making mental healthcare more accessible, holistic and inclusive
- Compassion, kindness, inclusion, transparency, teamwork and honesty
- Humility with a competitive spirit and growth mindset
- Drive: you have a desire to continuously learn and grow both personally and professionally
- Ownership: you see a need and take initiative (ask for forgiveness, not permission)
- Integrity: your actions reflect your values regardless of whether there’s an audience
- The ability to be comfortable in the midst of constant uncertainty, change and potential discomfort: working in an environment that is constantly changing excites you
- A willingness to risk failing in order to succeed
FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OR PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Helping scale a startup/VC-backed organization (10s to 100s) - ideally taking a company from Series A to B or B to C where you were a key driver within talent acquisition supporting the growth
- Minimum of 3+ years recruiting experience OR maybe you're an elite athlete who knows everything about girt, perseverance, determination & the importance of mental health
- BONUS: experience recruiting in the digital mental health field
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Highly competitive market rate + stock options
- Health Benefits: Meru Health pays 100% of premiums for full-time employees’ Medical, Dental, & Vision and 50% for dependents + $1500 contribution to an H.S.A. to single enrollees and $3,000 to those with dependents
- 4 weeks of PTO the first year → 5 weeks of PTO thereafter + 12 paid US holidays
- Full internet and mobile phone expense reimbursement
- $400 Wellness stipend (+ intermittent wellness challenge bonuses)
- $250 Home Office stipend
- Full access to our 12-week Meru Health digital mental health program for yourself + 2 family members or friends
- Flexible work hours in remote setting
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- A multi-cultural, multi-national, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers (in COVID19 safe outdoor environments for the time being, of course!)