Site Reliability Developer
Headquarters: San Francisco
View all Medic Mobile jobs →
- Are comfortable in a UNIX-like environment, enjoy automation, script efficiently, and produce checklists and documentation for processes and systems.
- Have coursework or experience equivalent to an undergraduate computer science degree.
- Have knowledge of at least some of the following APIs: AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies, Elastic Compute Cluster (EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Can use Docker Machine, Amazon ECS, or a higher-level orchestration tool to deploy a container-based application in test or production.
- Are comfortable with basic Linux system administration, monitoring, security best practices, networking, and logging.
- Are familiar with at least some of the core web technologies: HTTP, SSL/TLS, REST, JSON, HTML.
- Thrive working as part of a distributed team with a flexible schedule.
- Enjoy working remotely with opportunities to travel to project sites (e.g. India, Uganda, Senegal) or to work with teammates (e.g. San Francisco, Nepal, Kenya).
- Want to help build software that improves lives in a real and significant way.
- Work with the development and product teams to help guide the design of recommended compute, network, container, and storage resource layouts.
- Document resource layouts and network designs; produce checklists and automated processes to deploy new instances and containerized applications.
- Proactively monitor performance and reliability of production Medic Mobile systems.
- Produce status pages consumable by non-technical users.
- Be available (subject to time zones of team members) to respond to, troubleshoot, remediate, and document expected or unexpected outages, incidents, or problems in production.
- Work with the software development team to improve and optimize production system images – AMIs and Docker containers.
- Manage upgrades and upgrade processes on production instances.
- Automate deployments to increase testability and reliability.
Apply for this position
If this role inspires you, please get in touch. Send through a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, to Marc Abbyad at email@example.com with the subject “Site Reliability Developer”. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, and we aim to bring a new team member on board soon!