Tech Lead - Engineering - LAMP Stack
Headquarters: Sydney Australia
View all ManageFlitter jobs →
- Flexible/remote work friendly environment
- Smart collaborative team
- Work on a platform used by thousands daily
Technology first organisation
ManageFlitter – http://manageflitter.com – is a multi-award winning established SaaS Social Media management product. Since 2010 ManageFlitter has been used by over 4 million people around the world with paid customers from over 100 countries.
Our headquarters are in the Sydney CBD but we have team members based around the world. This role can be onsite, remote or a mix of both. Our remote friendly work culture and processes have been in place for a couple of years and is working well.
We have a “no ahole” rule and we work hard at creating an organisation where everyone can do their best work.
We believe that Social Media is changing the world and we love being part of that change. We have big plans for the next few years (rework of product and site in progress) and we are building out our team for the next stage of our journey.
We are looking for someone with outstanding technical experience, a mature attitude and a preference for working with a small smart team to join us in the role of Technical Lead on our production platform ManageFlitter. There will also potentially be opportunity to work on our new yet to be released product ManageSocial (Node/React/Lamda).
This role includes hands-on development work as well as mentoring, building out the team when applicable, code reviews and systems architectural design. You will work directly with the CEO as well as the development, product and support team.
Some of your technical responsibilities will include backend components of new feature implementation, existing codebase support and refactoring, focusing on high availability, scalability and performance.
Further details about working at ManageFlitter:
- Work on a very large technology platform that performs complex, high volume operations and serves thousands of users every day.
- We believe in using the right tool for the job.
- You will be working extensively with the ManageFlitter database of Twitter users which is one of the largest databases of Twitter users outside of Twitter.
- The CEO and team are always very open to fresh ideas and there is no hard line management hierarchy.
- There is no formal dress code.
- Work on site or remote.
- We believe in providing you with the best tools for your jobs and will provide a computer and monitors of your choice.
- Comfortable central Sydney CBD based offices with lots of natural light.
- Strategise with the business and product teams to determine priorities and goals.
- Lead technical discussions and decisions.
- Advocate best practice software engineering principles within the team.
- Drive process in an agile environment.
- Fill the role of a Scrum master, directing various ceremonies, e.g. Planning sessions, retrospectives, Sprint showcases, etc.
- Ensure a constant operational awareness of the platform health and team effectiveness.
- Identify gaps in capabilities and be involved in the hiring process.
- Analyse data in order to help identify areas for improvement in the product, process and team.
- Mentor the team in both engineering and process related areas.
- Actively developing the application.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in a software development role (preferably working with PHP).
- Experience designing and building complex software solutions and related infrastructure.
- Experience building, configuring and maintaining a LAMP stack.
- Strong background in OO development in PHP with a proficient understanding of fundamental principles such as TDD, DDD, SOLID, DRY and KISS.
- Thorough understanding of core underlying technologies (Operating systems, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL).
- Familiarity working with Amazon AWS services (e.g. RDS, DMS, S3, EC2, CloudWatch, CloudSearch, ElasticSearch, etc) and Rackspace Cloud.
- Working experience with Linux.
- Experience with system monitoring tools.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Familiarity with popular server software packages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Beanstalkd, Apache, Nginx)
- Mature attitude.
- Experience leading and managing a technical team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects and tasks.
- Passion for solving complex technical problems.
- Enjoy working in a fast moving environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the Twitter API
- Experience working with large datasets in MySQL
- DevOps experience
- Experience building an online product
- Has contributed to open source projects (provide examples if available)
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with system security
- Experience with horizontal scaling / clustering of a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Relevant University degree
- Twitter user
Apply for this position
Please apply at: https://www.workable.com/j/B73043B511