At Mailprotector, the Partner Success Specialist has a commanding understanding of our platform and uses that knowledge to help improve our partners’ businesses on a daily basis. Most of the day is spent interacting by phone and email with our partners’ and vendors' teams. On-boarding, billing, and even casual business advice are typical conversations. There’s also some knowledge base writing and documentation work as well as training and sales engineering. The essence of this role is sort-of a zen-like sherpa who guides our partners and users in all things Mailprotector.
This is not a traditional "tech support" role. There is a high level of partner engagement; you represent the face and the brand of our entire team on a regular basis so we require a strong command of interpersonal skills.
This might be a good fit if you:
- Find genuine enjoyment in helping people solve technical problems
- Can patiently help people understand email issues related to DNS records such as MX and SPF
- Appreciate detailed troubleshooting of email message headers, mail routes, and the use of connectors and journaling rules
- Understand the differences between on-premise email servers and cloud-based services such as Microsoft 365 and Google’s G Suite
- Take responsibility and solve business relationship concerns
- Regularly have ideas about making things better that you can persuasively communicate
- Are generally the ‘go-to’ person in your circle of friends when someone needs help
- Have worked in B2B or channel environments
- Have a demonstrable track record of pursuing personal and professional growth
- Able to articulate technical expertise to questions received by the sales team
- Have a technology degree or other applicable technology experience
- Spent one to three years in an IT or help desk related role
- Enjoy the additional freedoms and responsibilities of small company culture
Who we are and what we do:
The Mailprotector team provides messaging security, encryption, and compliance to companies, non-profits, and governments around the world. We do this exclusively through a network of channel partners who rely on us for this mission critical application. We operate primarily from our headquarters in the historic Ivey's building on Main Street in Greenville, SC and remote locations around the country.
Other things you should know:
- There are multiple openings for this position and we will consider remote work for the right candidate.
- Our interview process is more involved and thorough than you think it will be. This helps us make sure we find you the right seat on the bus.
- We're going to pay much more attention to your cover letter than your resume.
- We're first and foremost a team; but that doesn’t mean this is a place to blend in. We are looking for creative, intelligent, opinionated, hard-working teammates who want their efforts and input to matter.
If you think you might be a fit for this role and for our team then we’d love to talk. Please submit your resume and bespoke cover letter. We’ll be back in touch if we think there might be a reason to talk further.