What's the opportunity?
Mailchain is building the next generation communication platform and needs a talented UX and product designer.
You will define the user interface and help shape the build of Mailchain's messaging application platform, delivering a first-class user experience. This will enable millions of decentralized web and the metaverse users to interact with one another through a new messaging channel.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll own the product design strategy for Mailchain.
- You will design Mailchain's web, mobile and desktop applications and partner with the tech team to create a top class product.
- You will understand users and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- You’ll collaborate with frontend engineers to help them to implement your designs into code components.
- You’ll brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the user experience and product design
- 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar design-related role.
- 3+ years experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
- An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
- You have experience with modern browser technologies and knowledge of a templating system
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and relentlessly high standards
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining design concepts to others in the team is no problem for you
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- Experience using web3 or decentralised applications
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
- Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
- Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.