Machinio is a startup based in downtown Chicago, but supported by an international team. We are a search engine for industrial machinery and equipment. We seek inquisitive, self-motivated developers to join our team and work.
Help us solve problems in full-text search, domain specific search optimization, large scale email alert delivery and optimization, custom CRM solutions and everything that makes our customers happy.
Developers on our team have a history of maintaining and contributing to open-source projects. Machinio succeeded thanks to open source software, so we love people that contribute to open source.
- Full-time, remote position with a flexible schedule. The communication in the company tends to be asynchronous with a minimum of bureaucracy: we care about the work you do, not about the hours you are online.
- 1.5 million monthly unique visitors
- 100 RPS and 3.5 million background jobs each day
- 2 offices: Chicago, US and Berlin, DE
- Ruby on Rails 6.1, Go, Python
- Solr, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Prometheus
- React, Webpack
- Rspec, Rubocop
- Github + Github Actions for CI/CD
- Figma, Jira, Slack
- You’ll work on the core application and several supporting microservices (most of them are written in Ruby).
- Implement features and take full responsibility for them. Own the whole process from start to finish:
- Suggest ideas and corroborate them with data
- Implement those ideas with the support of the team
- Perform A/B testing when necessary
- Write tests and proactively fix issues
- You may not be a designer, but we expect you to have a genuine interest in UI/UX – Things like userinyerface.com should delight you.
- Help us improve the existing codebase. We strive to minimize technical debt, and have a proactive approach to tackling technical debt.
- Be open to discuss ideas and their implementations during code reviews.
- Keep learning. We provide a learning stipend to support your continued professional development.
Send all applications with resume and answers to the below questions:
- What was the last thing you nerded out about?
- How would you write code that handles credit card processing? What are common issues that you need to consider for this problem?
Apply for this position:
Send resume, answers to the questions and any other information you’d like to share with us (github or instagram accounts, a code you are proud of, favorite meme, etc) to email@example.com only.