Senior Software Engineer
Headquarters: Charlottesville, VA
Visit company website
View all Locus jobs
Locus is shaping the future of care management for patients outside of the hospital. Our integrated web and mobile platform connects care teams to patients, bridging the gap between hospital and home. After being discharged from the hospital, patients engage with our iPad application to record measurements that are customized for specific medical conditions. Clinicians can monitor measurement data in real-time on both web and mobile interfaces.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Locus, you will have an opportunity to develop features for our web platform and support API integrations with our mobile applications. We are seeking passionate candidates who place a strong emphasis on robust software design.
- Develop new features for a Ruby on Rails based web application used by clinicians at health systems
- Work with AWS services including SQS and Lambda to architect scalable application systems
- Implement automated testing methodologies to ensure resilience across application integrations
- Build and maintain APIs for our iOS applications
- Participate in code reviews and help establish engineering best practices
- Strong proficiency with an object-oriented language such as Ruby, Python, or Java
- Strong experience with a web application framework such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Experience with serverless architecture is a plus
- iOS development experience is a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical, dental, 401K match, PTO, employer life insurance
- Collaborative/ego-less environment
- Challenging and meaningful mission
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.