***This role is open to candidates in the United States (US) Who is Litmus?
We’re a tight-knit team that helps the world empower our customers to curate best-of-class email communication. Over the last 10+ years, we’ve built a reputation as one of the most trusted brands and thought-leaders in the industry—and it shines through to our customers. But don’t take our word for it, check out more about us here
Quality communication is imperative; we value this in both our personal and work lives here at Litmus. Our email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver quality, brand-aligned communications that delight our customers.
We work alongside some of the smartest people in our industry. We’re the change-agent for the most creative and supportive customers around. Litmus is championed by major global brands, including 9 of the Top 10 technology companies, 9 of the Top 10 U.S. banks, 10 of the Top 10 retailers, 9 of the Top 10 e-commerce brands, and 80% of the Fortune 100: How do we do this? We seek talent that is not a “culture fit,” rather a culture add.
What would I do at Litmus?
- Reporting to the Head of FP&A, you will work closely with members of the executive team and collaborate with business leaders in their strategic decision-making
- Create new KPIs for reporting – identifying key business drivers, and building foundational, data-driven insights as we grow and scale the business
- Lead monthly forecasting processes including the considerate communication of deliverables while ensuring the accuracy of inputs
- Participate in annual and long-term planning
- Nurture cross-functional discussions around systems and processes to develop scalable, long term improvements and oversee the successful implementation of identified solutions
- Build and enhance financial modelling to enable:
- Managing, forecasting and monitoring of business operations
- Assessing specific company initiatives, and potential returns on investment
- Analyzing scenarios for Board and Management presentations
- Other ad-hoc initiatives in support of long-term value creation
- Oversee key analytical projects that assist and influence the business
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- 4 plus years of progressive FP&A experience with a basic understanding of GAAP (Exposure to SaaS models/revenue recognition preferred)
- SQL and Workday Adaptive experience - Required
- Demonstrated financial acumen with experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analyses, including interpretations of results
- A prolific user of Excel with a proficiency in G-Suite required
- An ability to work within large datasets and a resourcefulness to work comfortably with incomplete information, dealing with ambiguity and ever-changing needs
- Resilience and flexibility to the demands of working in a fast-growing company, including the need to adapt, build, and learn new aspects of the business as necessary
- Collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Ability to make numbers come alive by clearly conveying complex information in a way that supports decision making
- Proactive problem solving by presenting problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Supports your community striving to cultivate generosity and caring for those around you while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company that’s been going strong for 10+ years, including a great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- You’ll receive 28 days of paid vacation—on top of team retreats and public holidays
- A platform for good: Affinity Groups, a culture of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and volunteer days—creating belonging for all is in our DNA both inside and outside of work #bebeyondlitmus
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team. Over half of our employees work remotely in the U.S. and UK and your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining (!), and engaging
- We take family seriously and offer flexible schedules and generous parental leave programs
- We give you the best tools and tech money can buy. Top-of-the-line hardware, software, home- and office setups—whatever you need to do your best work
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Please apply! We know there is no job description that can measure a person’s attitude, aptitude, or amplitude (the ability to turn it up a notch) and highly encourage you to apply.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing—celebrating what makes each individual unique. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 700,000 marketers, you know you’re part of a winning team.
Litmus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.