Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, a Course Hero
company, is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer with a passion for building full-stack web applications as part a small entirely remote team that creates educational products for millions of readers around the world. You’ll be responsible for projects like building out features that enhance the LitCharts product, improving our user and subscription sign up flows, maintaining our payment processing platform, all while collaborating with our product and design teams to build the world's best customer-centric literary resource on the web. To be successful you must be passionate about building and scaling our platform while being able to work independently, mentor others, and understand our business needs.
- Maximize our uptime, reliability, performance, and security.
- Implement projects that range from backend to frontend and everything in between.
- Maintain and improve our codebase.
- Contribute to the growth and success of the best literary resource on the web.
- Must haves
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with
- Ruby, Rails, Postgres, React, jQuery, SCSS, Haml, Git, Webpack, Heroku, and AWS.
- Experience building backend systems and responsive frontends with a focus on cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Ability to work remotely as part of a small team as well as take ownership of projects with minimal oversight.
- A desire to continuously improve our stack and your own skill set.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions and receive feedback.
- Bonus points
- A passion for and/or experience with education, education technology, and/or literature.
We’re committed to creating a supportive work environment that values each team member. Being part of LitCharts means:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Equity (RSUs)
- Healthcare coverage
- 401k with matching
- 100% remote work
- Flexible work schedule
- Yearly team meet ups (post-pandemic)
- Learning and professional development resources
We’re a small remote team, and the code you write will have a direct impact on our success. We work flexible hours but typically stick to 9am-5pm EST and are looking for someone able to do the same.
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Your public GitHub profile and/or a link to a recent project you’re excited about
- A brief explanation of the biggest opportunity for improvement--from a technical standpoint--that you see on our website
Please note: All applicants must be legally authorized to work full-time in the United States. Due to time constraints, we are unable to respond to inquiries from recruiters and from applicants not legally authorized to work full-time in the United States.
We look forward to hearing from you!
LitCharts, a Course Hero company, is working to make literature more accessible to readers at every level. More than 50 million students, teachers, parents, and general-interest readers turn to LitCharts to get everything they need for everything they read. In creating LitCharts, the co-founders tapped into their experience as the original editors of SparkNotes to take a totally new approach to analyzing and explaining literature. Using side-by-side summaries, theme analysis, and interactive data visualizations, LitCharts helps teachers teach literature and helps students learn it.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LitCharts is an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds, including those from underrepresented groups, to apply. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or ability status.