This position is open to candidates based in Australia or New Zealand.
What is LIGR?
LIGR.Live, our cloud-based plug and play sports broadcast platform, has completely transformed the livestream sports landscape and made it possible for more than 1,000 sports organisations in 80 countries to self-produce their live sport. Our customers love LIGR.Live because they can add stunning TV-quality animated graphics to their livestreams or broadcasts in a matter of minutes – but we are much more than a simple graphics platform.
LIGR is the only all-in-one sports broadcast solution. Our users can access powerful automation and collaboration tools, live scoring and in-game stats, fixture and asset management, integrated sponsorship and advertising, and built-in tracking and reporting. We’re also working on more exciting features, such as video mixing and production, automatic replays, automatic social posts, and more advanced advertising tools for sports sponsors.
LIGR is VC funded and backed by prominent angel investors. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people to join our team who value collaboration, growth and learning.
What’s the role?
As LIGR’s software engineering manager, you will be responsible for managing and inspiring our team of engineers to achieve their performance goals. Your role will involve strategising, project management, and team management. Your collaborative attitude and interpersonal skills will help you thrive as a software engineering manager.
- Lead, hire, manage, mentor, and coach a remote team of engineers
- Perform effective code reviews
- Arrange, encourage and run regular check-ins with engineers in your team
- Maintain exceptional externally-facing developer documentation and other technical documentation
- To establish standard methodologies and operating procedures as runbooks to share knowledge across teams
- Manage a backlog of features, bugs and technical debt and effectively manage priorities
- Help support the diagnosis of customer issues as and when they happen
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the wider global engineering teams
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability
- Partner closely with Product Management, Customer Experience, and Product Design to create, drive, and deliver an innovative, compelling, and user-friendly product
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A wealth of experience in SaaS software engineering, software deployment and managing software engineers
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills
- Experience hiring and building a team
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Experience building complex real-time software and event-driven systems
- An ability to manage time effectively and balance competing priorities
- Strong experience with modern Typescript, React and its ecosystem, and Node.js
- Strong relational database knowledge (SQL)
- Experience with API management (Rest and Graphql)
Desirable attributes (non-essential):
- A basic understanding of live video production and accompanying technologies
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- A general understanding of sports
- Experience with testing, Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps
In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fun, creative environment and learning from the best technical minds in the sports industry, we offer:
- A competitive salary + ESOP (depending on experience)
- The chance to work with global sporting bodies, sports leagues, sportscasters and broadcasters
- Remote work or access to our Sydney office
- A role at a start-up sized company, where you can make an immediate impact
- A team with technical knowledge and experience that fully understands the needs of developers
If you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you!