WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO ?LedgerComm
is a Fintech that provides a tech platform that helps with the administration, trading and settlement of loans. Our company has already been flagged as one London’s top Fintech start-ups we are excited about our product and the innovation it brings.
Simply put, our platform allows corporate loans to trade and settle faster. Our solution covers pre-trade matching, trade execution and confirmation all the way through to settlement. Our product provides visibility into a market where there is none right now. Our platform has been designed by our management team who have over 50 years of financial services experience.
Our business is 18 months young, we finalized a fundraise in March 2021 and have just completed our first institutional transaction (onboarding 2 major investment banks and several high profile US hedge funds). WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
We are looking for a tech leader with either previous CTO or Lead Engineer experience.
DAY TO DAY:
- Overseeing all engineering across LedgerComm’s core platform
- Ensuring standards are maintained in line with the platform’s technical architecture
- Providing hands-on technical leadership and support to solve the most complex aspects of platform requirements
- Managing and scaling our a Software Engineering team to ensure robust and timely delivery
- Coaching our team to become a world class engineering capability
- Managing the internal board level stakeholders and customer expectations when it comes to the platform’s capability and product development
· Accountable for the performance of our distributed engineering capability
· Lead the continuous improvement software delivery, measured by key technology and business metrics
· Ensure high levels of quality assurance to ensure future scalability and to meet regulatory requirements
· Multiply your impact by coaching the Directors and Senior Engineering Leads that report into you
· You’ll be the lead, hands-on in engineering, ideally with years’ experience working in back-end development roles.
- Build and develop a high calibre, distributed engineering team
- Ensure robust hiring processes are in place to ensure quality of those joining the team
- Foster an environment of innovation around product design and functionality
- Ensure a culture of accountability and ownership
- Mentor, develop and coach direct reports to develop better engineers and future leaders
- Directly engage with the Ledgercomm Board and provide clear, concise communication around future delivery roadmap for the platform
- Provide innovative solutions to problems presented by the market/customers
- We use a Kanban methodology, we work agile, lean and fast.
- Ensure communication is of the highest quality between developers and product owners
· Led software engineering teams, preferably on a distributed basis
· Experience of scaling teams and products within an enterprise or commercially facing environment
· Strong technical/product architecture experience; putting in best practices to ensure a flexible, scalable, software platform
· Hands on engineering capability across a board technology stack – ours is built on Java/Kotlin back-end with typescript and wider JS frameworks for the front-end
· A good understanding of DevOps/Cloud based projects across both people, process, and tools
· Ideally worked in client-facing environments – our client base will include some of the largest and potentially most demanding FS institutes in the world
· Deep understanding of the opportunities to safely automate repeatable activities (think Testing, Release, Shifting Security and Provisioning Infrastructure)
LOCATION: Remote or London (Baker Street) with flexibility around working from home
· Competitive Salary
· Equity options in line with the rest of the C-Suite
· Private Medical
· 28 days annual leave plus flexible working
Please note when you apply for the role the mail will go to Jobs@weworkremotely.com rather to a LedgerComm address this is intentional.