Lean Startup Co.
View all Lean Startup Co. jobs →
Born from the global movement spawned by bestselling-author Eric Ries, Lean Startup Company offers the most exciting education solutions in modern management available today.
We help advance Lean Startup principles, which provide a cutting edge, scientific framework for innovation so organizations of all sizes can effectively adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
Our year-round efforts transform how organizations work by arming them with an entrepreneurial methodology. We serve every size company and sector of the economy — from the the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions. They look to us for practical lessons in modern management. We serve our highly-engaged community with professional, practical content and live events and by connecting leaders with experts who can coach them in Lean Startup.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re seeking a community-driven customer concierge to be the conduit between our global network and our remote Lean Startup Co. team. This is a full time, remote administrative role for a self-starter with excellent organizational skills who loves helping customers resolve questions in a timely manner. You’re the vital first step in connecting our avid community members with our community experts, educators, events, and resources.
- Field all calls to our general company phone line and email. Respond to all inquiries/correspondences within 24 business hours.
- Assess the needs of incoming inquiries to understand the individual’s needs. Be their advocate to get them to the right solution.
- Based on knowledge of solutions across the Lean Startup ethos, connect the community member with the person(s) applicable to their needs. For example, conference team, ambassador program, Lean Impact, volunteer opportunities, or other allies in our community.
- Log and categorize all inquiries, including the sources and themes of the questions, as well as the outcomes.
- Make the experience high-touch and well organized; the community member should feel satisfied with his/her needs being met.
- Develop FAQs and directory/escalation flows based on common inquiries.
- Be flexible and adaptable to new LSCo team needs as they arise; you’re the all-important administrative support for our events, sales, education teams, and community efforts.
Administrative Support Responsibilities
- Support the Education team with:
- Call/meeting preparation
- Creation of decks, proposals and agreements
- Calendaring support for calls and meetings
- Use tools like Salesloft
- And other responsibilities as needs and opportunities arise
You’ll fit right into our team if:
- You pride yourself on being extremely detail oriented and have excellent communication skills. You proof anything you write multiple times before hitting “send.”
- You’ve mastered the art of phone and email communication when it comes to understanding how to treat each person with the utmost respect and care.
- You’re personable and empathetic. You’re able to quickly connect with people, gain their trust, and guide them in the right direction.
- You’re an excellent troubleshooter, able to spot and figure out the solutions for an array of issues with minimal guidance from others. You take pride in problem-solving.
- You have experience with, and genuinely enjoy working for a young, growing startup.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and urgency as it relates to the health of the company.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You are open to feedback, take ownership of your mistakes, and love applying your lessons learned to get 10x better.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- You work well with cross-functional teams and hold yourself accountable for your actions.
- College degree
- 2+ yrs experience in sales support and/or similar role (office manager/administrative assistant/customer liaison). Must have demonstrated experience representing a company in a professional, friendly manner.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Comfort working with a remote team and using the tools such work requires (Slack, Zoom, Google apps)
Bonus if you have:
- Experience selling or supporting a sales team selling consulting services.
- Business development experience in Lean Startup, tech and/or enterprise innovation spaces.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- We encourage growth.
- If it’s your dream to become a leader in an organization, this is the role for you. We seek entrepreneurial types who want to be promoted and grow with us.
- We’re a 100% remote team that incorporates quarterly team onsites to ensure we have face time (fun team bonding activities included!)
- We encourage unplugging for vacation and prefer you don’t check email while you’re away.
- If you’ve ever wanted to be in the middle of massive business transformations, this is the role for you. The work we do is powerfully transformative.
- We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Our global community will give you a front row seat to the innovation challenges they’re facing. Better yet, you’ll get to help them solve those problems.
*Note: Once you’ve applied for the job, we understand that you’ll be eager to hear back from us. Due to the high volume of applicants, we can’t respond individually regarding your specific application.Please do not reach out to us regarding your application. If there is a mutual fit, we will contact you to move forward with the next steps in the process.