Head of Product (USA)
Headquarters: New York, NY
At LaterPay, we empower the business of paid content and services across the Internet. In our process, when a visitor reaches paid content or services, instead of having to complete a form and hand over a credit card, the user simply agrees to pay later and gets instant access to content. We track the user's content consumption, and after a monetary threshold is reached, we collect payment. By decoupling purchases from payments, LaterPay lowers the entry thresholds for users to consume digital goods. Our partners see a significant uplift in purchase conversions and simplify their billing and collections while offering a better user experience.
What we’re looking for
LaterPay is looking for a Head of Product to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. You will be responsible for developing solutions and implementing requirements to support the growth of LaterPay monetization products worldwide.
As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the business and technical worlds as you understand market development and design services that provide solutions to customers needs. Our Product Management team works closely with our business team and engineers to guide products from conception to launch.
As the head of our product management team, you will
- Define product vision and strategy and establish shared vision across the company
- Understand customer needs and work with the business and engineering team to conceptualise thoughtful ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to the product
- Collaborate with engineering teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods
- Integrate user research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Focus on providing our users and merchants with the best possible experience
- Lead, support and mentor our Europe-based product management team, supporting their personal and professional development
Our ideal candidate has
- Five years product management experience, including delivery of entire products start to finish with a focus on digital products and technologies
- Ability to thrive to achieve strategic goals in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Technical expertise and experience working closely with engineers
- Experience working in an agile, iterative development environment
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with defining the product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Ability to work with a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Strong focus on user needs
- Experience in US market
North America. Ability to travel throughout the US and Europe and to work synchronously with counterparts in Europe.
(ideally in Los Angeles Area, San Francisco Bay Area, Boulder or New York)
How we work
LaterPay’s offices are in Munich, Germany and New York, NY. Our team members work across the globe, with team members in Germany, the UK, Poland, Portugal, Brazil, Canada and the United States.
Applications for this position close on 21 February 2018.