About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to act as a technical powerhouse when scaling data infrastructure, dashboards, tools, and reporting forecasts.
You will report to the Director of Business Intelligence as one of the very first engineers of our BI team, and work with a fully remote team. You will participate in major technical decisions and wield considerable influence on the data infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity/challenge that requires your full experience and expertise in data engineering.
- Lead data warehouse requirements gathering, design, analysis, and infrastructure maintenance to best support rapidly evolving reporting and business challenges
- Collect, process, and clean data from different sources using SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Work with cross-functional teams to automate reporting and build a strong reporting architecture
- Manage a portfolio of tools which empower analysts and business team
- Continuously improve ETL jobs to hit performance targets
- 3+ years of experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- An ability to code complex SQL queries.
- Proficiency with Python
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience in ETL
- Experience with Git, Airflow,
- Must be available for regular meetings with management between 10 am-5 pm Pacific Timezone.
- Ownership, self-starter and a can-do attitude.
Bonus points and Preference
- Experience pulling data from APIs, or from S3 buckets
- Experience using and building solutions to support BI reporting Tool (Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with teams to assess their data needs
- Knowledge of statistics
- Relevant experience in Digital Marketing
- Relevant experience in the finance industry
About The Team
Business Intelligence Team plays a key role in the decision-making process. BI team not only provides accurate and automatic reporting, but also should take the lead role in interpreting data. Standing at the crossroad of business, data, and engineering, BI team has a unique versatile role. By creating actionable insights and scalable analysis, BI team brings the data, tool, and methodology to the decision-making process. We influence both technical decisions (star table schema? how often pipeline refreshes?), and business outcomes (should we launch a new campaign? Whether to pursue a new product?). BI team works closely with management, Digital Marketing team, and Engineering team.
About the Company
You will be working for a US client, who focuses on digital marketing in financial space. The client team is rapidly growing and eager for talents. The company’s management team is on the west coast of the U.S. (Pacific timezone).
What we offer
We offer competitive compensation. You’ll be working from home but will get plenty of support (and dog selfies) from our friendly staff via Slack and Skype. This is a telecommute position with a flexible schedule -- you can work from home from anywhere. You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and have your voice in the decision-making process.