We have more than 15 years of successful business, producing world class video content and building, developing and managing a number of high traffic websites. These have more than 7 million visitors per day! Our success is due to the distinct teamwork of our people, where each of us plays a key role in bringing us closer to our goals. Our award-winning content and websites are created exclusively by us and directly for the use of millions of users worldwide.
All this does not happen without a good deal of fun and benefits - our people also have a great capacity for fun! Our goal is to create one of the best possible work environments, which inspires each of us to grow and reach our maximum potential in an unparalleled work environment.
Our team is looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join our remote team. Their role will be to improve our automated processes, platform reliability, and general software development.
This role is open to remote candidates based only in the European Union and the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a solid generalist. With substantial experience in developing microservices with Node.js who also enjoys automating the boring stuff so ultimately, we can all work on the "fun" stuff.
We expect applicants to be competent in delivering and deploying working software in the form of containerized apps that form part of a more extensive distributed system built on Kubernetes and Amazon Web Services.
Your key responsibilities:
- Supporting our engineering teams.
- Environment reliability.
- Service monitoring and observability.
- CI/CD pipelines.
- Dependency auditing.
- Platform security.
- Automating operations tasks.
- Setting SLOs, SLIs, and SLAs.
- Continuously improving our software development processes and practices.
- Have fun and enjoy your job!
- You’re a real team player.
- You love to help and find solutions together.
- Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
- You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast changing environments and priorities.
- You are passionate about software development.
- You're able to think beyond code to architecture and user experience.
- You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results based, not clock based!
- Fully remote position or, if preferred, working in our awesome Barcelona office!
- Agile environment
- Top notch tech stack!
- Upscale Fridays! Developers take time on Fridays to upscale their skills, learn and research new trends that will allow us to level up our stack and processes.
- Hackathons every 6 months!
- Flexible working hours + core hours!
- 10% on top of your salary for learning and development - of your choice!
- Latest tech equipment
- Private Health Insurance
- Free lunches
- Company Amazon book account!
- Paid vacations and half day off on your Birthday!
- Awesome BBQ and fully stocked fridge!
- Fresh organic fruit, snacks, drinks etc.
- Kodify off-sites, events and team activities!
- Amazing, international team!
- CI/CD pipelines
Desirable Knowledge & Experience of:
- OpenID Connect Authentication
- Experience managing high traffic and content heavy websites.
- Experience working remotely and with remote teams
Education is compulsory, but where you got it is irrelevant for us! We are looking for someone who has worked in a similar role (or roles) for at least 3 years, and can show us examples of their work. We are not looking for a newbie, nor are we looking for a rockstar, we are looking for a mid to senior level developer who wants to both learn and contribute to our team.