Hi, we're Knack, a no-code workflow platform that’s redefining how work gets done. Knack is used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest organizations — to run processes, departments, and even entire companies.
We need a brilliant DevOps engineer to help us meet the enormous challenges around managing the performance and reliability of thousands of data-driven applications.
This role can encompass multiple titles like DevOps, SRE, and Systems Engineering. We’re less interested in conforming to a specific title, and more interested in a passion for using systems and infrastructure to solve big problems.
And did I mention self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and improve our AWS infrastructure. This includes execution, but also taking the initiative to suggest improvements, design and lead execution efforts.
- Leverage terraform to automate the deployment and management of infrastructure resources.
- Develop processes to scale and automate our infrastructure using container-based systems.
- Work with the development team to implement new technologies within the AWS ecosystem.
- Build monitoring, tools, and processes to help us detect and respond to operational issues more quickly.
- Reduce barriers for engineers to deploy and optimize systems.
- Help optimize for security, speed, and redundancy across all points of the AWS stack.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- An expert with AWS. You’re familiar with the vast majority of AWS tools and how to get the most from them.
- Experienced with leveraging terraform to automate infrastructure. You’ve used terraform at scale and have valuable lessons to impart from that experience.
- Experienced with implementing and maintaining container-based systems via Docker and potentially Kubernetes.
- Experienced as a meaningful contributor to a data-driven infrastructure at scale.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- AWS - we’ve drunk the kool-aid and use AWS across the board.
- Graylog, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Prometheus, Grafana - monitoring, and logging
- Node.js - APIs, backend development
- Docker, ECS, Terraform - continued container expansion
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Solr, Redis - data persistence
- Github, Jenkins, Cypress, Ghost Inspector, Mocha - deployment and testing
More info: https://knack.com/about
Working at Knack: https://knack.com/work-at-knack