Community Liaison Coordinator
View all jobs →
Full-TimeAll Other RemoteAnywhere (100% Remote) Only
COMMUNITY LIAISON COORDINATOR
Kiss the Ground is a Los Angeles-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit on a mission to awaken people to the possibilities of regeneration and inspire participation in this movement through media, communications, education, immersive programming, and advocacy. Since being established in 2013 with the goal of creating societal awareness around the extraordinary potential of healthy soil, Kiss the Ground has educated and activated millions through their Media Program, Farmland Program, and Stewardship Program and created an online "pathway" for anyone to find resources and their unique way forward in contributing to this expanding global movement.
KTG’s Media Program creates general awareness and consumer demand through short films, mini-docs, a podcast, branded collaborations, and other content. The Farmland Program supports transitioning farmers and ranchers with training, mentorship, and soil testing and has a robust scholarship program for farmers who need financial assistance to take part. The Stewardship Program is an education platform, community, and resource hub that was created to educate, inspire, and empower individuals to become powerful and impactful advocates for the regenerative movement.
Outside of these programs, Kiss the Ground has spread the word through creative collaborations that have resulted in a book and a critically-acclaimed documentary (released on Netflix in September 2020), both named Kiss the Ground.
This role lives within the Stewardship Program department, which is an education platform, community, and resource hub that was created to educate, inspire, and empower individuals to become powerful and impactful advocates for the regenerative movement. The Community Liaison Coordinator reports to the Director of Content & Education Programs and the Stewardship Education Operations Manager.
The Stewardship Program recently launched its flagship evergreen course, Soil Advocate Training, as well as established a new, robust network on Mighty Networks. Looking forward, we plan to expand and scale our education of farmers and stewards in the space of soil health and regenerative agriculture through more evergreen course offerings (produced by Kiss the Ground); partnership courses (produced by other trusted orgs); our expanding community on Mighty Networks; and a resource hub that includes pathway toolkits, which provide step-by-step instructions for taking action.
We are looking for a Community Liaison Coordinator to help our small but mighty team to rally our community and engage with our audience in an organized and scalable way in order to better serve these individuals and further the impact of our work. The Community Liaison will establish and support the growth of collaborative relationships with community organizations, businesses, and individuals for high engagement with products, services, and programs. This role will collaborate with various staff, leaders, and stakeholders connected to advocacy, state, and national outreach campaigns, and other community initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is civically-engaged, community-focused, and great at building and maintaining safer and genuine spaces that foster a feeling of belonging, inspire conversation and (healthy) debate, and lead to action. This position could be a great fit for someone who has previously worked at another nonprofit or community-oriented group focused on farming, climate, politics, general activism, or artistic expression.
This job requires an expertise in workflow management, project coordination, and people engagement skills.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT:
- Help establish and maintain a network of relationships with community organizations, partners, businesses, and individuals in the Regenerative Movement
- Proactively propose opportunities for community engagement such as activation campaigns, events, virtual campaigns, educational resources, and strategic partnerships
- Keep abreast of relevant ideas, innovations, news, and resources within the Regenerative Movement so as to relay them to the team + the community
- Position and promote services, courses, products, programs, resources, and events
- Ideate and write brand-appropriate copy for toolkits, initiatives, and campaigns
- Continuously learn and research the progress of new and existing connection and activation methods
- Distribute approved marketing materials and content pieces through a variety of channels that promote our work and program
- Assist in planning and implementation of events and community activities
- Respond to inquiries from community members and other interested parties
- Assist with recruiting volunteers and team members to participate in events
- Oversee, record, and edit program webinars
- Collaborate with other programs within the organization to support planning, development, and implementation of initiatives involving community-based organizations, businesses, and community coalitions to strengthen the link between elected officials, civic organizations, communities, businesses and possibly schools
- Support in exploring program innovations, ideas, and new pathways
- Develop and utilize organizational systems for information flows, data analytics, reporting (Mighty Networks, Kindful, Facebook)
- Engage in platform setup, updates, and monitoring (ie building courses and social networks within our chosen platforms)
- Maintain Google Suite files and organization
- Maintain documentation and progress reports related to community outreach activities, analytics, and tracking of Soil Advocates
- Assist in management of interns
- Other administrative duties as needed
- A passion for community and an understanding of its power and importance
- Previous experience creating and/or managing a community with a track record of growth, development, and measurable success metrics
- Radical empathy and an understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to establish, build, and maintain rapport with culturally diverse populations
- Strong written and oral communication skills that exhibit both personality and brand awareness
- Excellent management, planning, organization, and communication skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to deliver projects within established timelines
- A strong commitment to excellence in work done and a passion for providing quality service to students enrolled in, and the alumni of, our roster of online courses
- A goal-oriented individual who is self-motivated, diligent, and solution-oriented
- An eagerness to grow
- Skilled at attentive and active listening, has the patience to hear people out, and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- Experience working within Facebook, Mighty Networks, Instagram, and other social networks
- A working knowledge of social media advertising on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social networks
- Intermediate skills in Google Suite
- Intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Kiss the Ground is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.