Keyword LLC, owns a portfolio of SaaS properties in various niches. Some of our properties include: keyword.com, scraper.com
, ottomatik.io, growthrobotics.com
We are a remote-first team looking to hire a new Head of Operations to work closely with our company founder and Leadership Team to help us continue to build a smooth-running business with a great culture that keeps our people engaged and fulfilled.
Our Head of Operations is a strategic role with a lot of responsibilities at the epicenter of our people, process, and productivity. They need to bring energy, provide leadership, and keep their eyes on nearly everything. We’re looking for someone with great interpersonal and communication skills who is proactive, organized, and has a systems mindset—a person who maintains a big picture focus and pays close attention to the little things that impact our people, productivity, and finances.
Our Core Values
- Spartan Wall - We win the battle for our customers by protecting/taking care of each other.
- High Standards - Great isn't even close to being good enough
- Less is More - Can 5 steps be done in 3? Can 3 be done in 1?
- Long-term thinking - Make short-term sacrifices for long-term success.
- Full Transparency - Be brutally honest and transparent, even if it hurts, it helps
See our Culture Deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15efqBosX5c3-5pbkRjY3xe06EuN9sYwwVf6HSxL2epc/edit?usp=sharing
At Keyword LLC because of the freedom and from home opportunities we give to our staff, we can only work with A players.
B and C players are people that take advantage of freedom, push off work to others, and do as much work as they are “required” to do or as little as possible.
There is NO single bigger way to ruin a team of A-players than forcing them to pick up the slack of B & C players
This is especially true in our virtual office. Every person must behold themselves to A-level performance because we do not have time to monitor or motivate B & C players.
People & Culture Responsibilities
- Lead culture-building, proactively engaging staff contributions, ensuring our people are happy, engaged, and connected—and continuing to build our company on equity, respect, appreciation, and teamwork.
- Lead the hiring process in collaboration with Directors and owner—standardizing, posting jobs, executing offer letters and hiring agreements, and onboarding new staff.
- Own our employee handbook, documenting everything they need to know about company culture, benefits, and policies in an accessible and helpful way.
- Manage all company-sponsored employee benefits, annually reviewing, recommending, and following through on implementing improvements.
- Cultivate employee satisfaction, through “stay interviews” and other techniques that can help us learn how we can continue to support, advance, and retain our best people.
- Lead the off-boarding process, ensuring employees transition from Constructive in a smooth, productive way, capturing any valuable insights that will help us moving forward.
- Manage company HR systems, keeping each employee’s information up-to-date, and ensuring staff are properly utilizing to request PTO, etc.
- Manage company compensation policies and practices, collaborating with Leadership Team and perhaps an outsources HR consultant to formalize salary bands and expectations.
- Be the point person for potential outsourced HR consultants, starting with evaluating options to transition appropriate responsibilities to one.
- Own business policies and practices, making sure that they are standardized, documented, understood, implemented, and followed—working with leadership to evaluate and improve.
- Proactively manage up to Keyword LLC's CEO, elevating important issues and opportunities within the context of our business goals and initiatives.
- Oversee project/staff resourcing, working with Directors to plan and assign staff workloads; monitor staff utilization and proactively “manage up” to help team effectively performance and workload.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory needs, filing all necessary documents, and maintaining company compliance.
- Manage virtual assistant and outsources operations process, identifying ideal areas for them to contribute to, developing documented process, and monitoring performance.
- Manage our digital office, ensuring that all documents are stored in the appropriately accessible places for our team and that all staff are properly saving files where they are needed on a daily basis.
- Ensure each web property has all the documentation and systems in place, so we are ready to sell the business "the next day", if the correct buyer comes along.
- Be the primary point person for financial consultants, working with and coordinating with bookkeeper—making sure all financial responsibilities and information are accounted for and understood.
- Lead ongoing finance/ops reviews with leadership, distilling important information and making it actionable for Leadership Team and company Founder.
- Inform and manage company budget in collaboration with necessary stakeholders, updating and informing others of potential improvements, unusual variances, or forecasted financial issues.
- Produce quarterly company performance presentations, creating a story from the numbers that help everyone understand how we are doing and that highlights key metrics.
- Strong operations management and coordinating experience
- Strong understanding of HR principles and best practices
- Expertise in developing and documenting business processes
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A solid understanding of financial and budgeting principles
- Strong-to-exceptional spreadsheet skills
- An action-oriented, problem-solving mindset
- Knowledge of standard business technology systems
- Excellent delegation and management skills
- A knack for negotiating
A bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in operations management or a related field—or a comparable professional certification in operations management
- 5+ years of experience overseeing operations for a SaaS company, ideally small-to-mid-sized
- Fluency with Google Suite, Slack, Zoom, Calendar
What We Offer
Keyword LLC is built on a strong, values-driven culture. We are a team of A-players who are hungry, humble, and smart.