Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search. Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com
and follow us at @kentikinc
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We are committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging and is represented at Kentik. We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status.
About the role
Kentik is looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to join our team leading People Operations to scale our amazing culture and business as we go from 100 to 250 employees and beyond. We strive to hire the best talent, provide an environment which promotes opportunity for success, and provide the tools and support to grow both personally and professionally. People are the key to our success. This person will be a member of our executive team reporting to the COO, with responsibility for People Operations which includes Talent Acquisition, People, Places, and Culture.
What You Will Do
- Vision and Strategy: Partner with the executive team to maintain and support the culture through company growth by being a key thought partner in areas of talent, people management, company culture, and compensation.
- Culture and Values: Work with the leadership team to develop and articulate core beliefs. Ensure that programs, processes, and policies are designed to promote a diverse, inclusive, and empathetic culture in concert with core values.
- Performance Management: Oversee performance management and continuous feedback programs which identify both top performers and low performers and develop systems of reward and recognition.
- Management and Leadership Training: Build out programs and training for our leaders to better manage and engage their teams.
- Global Compensation and Benefits: Design a competitive program for worldwide employees; ensure that total compensation processes like salary benchmarking, salary adjustments, promotions, job evaluation, salary structure design, and job analysis are defined and undertaken regularly.
- Employee Relations and Engagement: Design and manage programs that foster employee satisfaction, morale, productivity, and well-being.
- Policies and Compliance: Partner with our legal advisors to oversee the development of a global compliance framework that ensures Kentik is up to date on all local laws and regulations; develop and roll out HR policies and procedures.
- Strategic Leadership and Team Building: Lead the development and implementation of the People Operations team growth, strategy, annual plans, goals & KPIs, policies, and practices in alignment with Kentik’s mission and values.
- An ability to work independently within a small, but growing fast-paced team
- Communicate effectively with Executive team as well as throughout the organization
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the well-being of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for the organization
What You Will Bring
- A history of success working in HR and people operations with experience in a leadership role within an international high-growth company or startup, preferably in the technology industry
- Strategic but tactical and operational knowledge of all HR functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, management coaching, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building out centralized programs and delivering training to organizations
- Domain knowledge in the different areas of HR: Benefits; Organization Design; HRIS Payroll; Compensation, Rewards and Retention
- Solid knowledge of HR compliance and regulations within California and the US
- Experience with people expansion outside of the US
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness BenefitsMaternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first-rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup that builds something special: the industry's most powerful observability platform for the network professional. You will have the opportunity to work alongside world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations. Kentik is headquartered in San Francisco with team members around the world.