React Developer - Remote
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA (Remote)
Must be located: North America
Visit company website
View all Kanopi Studios jobs
As a React Developer, your day-to-day includes spending some of your time hands-on developing and collaborating on sites while staying accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, Director of Engineering.
Your typical work week might include:
- Developing, testing, and maintaining progressive web applications in React.
- Collaborating with backend and full stack developers to enhance the user experience.
- Working closely with user experience and visual designers, validating creative solutions that take into account technical and organizational requirements.
- Troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Developing responsive products which render in multiple browsers and across multiple devices.
- Developing performant, reusable, and clean code.
- Producing technical documentation and testing artifacts.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of experience in core frontend technologies, working in an agency environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in React, including API-based content management.
- Have writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Possibly have experience working in a Continuous Integration (CI) environment (CircleCI, Travis, Bamboo or Jenkins preferred), and knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Demonstrate inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
- Have a passion for modern development tools and methods, such as atomic and responsive design, gitflow, container-based environments, task runners, CSS preprocessors, IDEs, and CI/CD platforms.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If we feel like you may well be the perfect candidate, we’ll contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. We’ll only contact those candidates that we feel are a good match. Sorry. That’s just the way it goes.
We've done our best to describe the company, our customers and the role. But hey, we're not perfect, so if anything here is unclear, include any questions you might have in your cover letter.
I think that's it.
If you're awesome, we want to hear from you!
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.