Conversion & Content Copywriter
Full-TimeCopywritingNorth America preferred
Salaried position, 30 hrs/week, remote / work from anywhere
We’re a small company of individuals who love to do great work, serve our customers, and have plenty of time to enjoy the rest of our lives, too.
We’re looking for a conversion and content copywriter who can write just about everything for our growing business, from blog and social media content to sales pages and email sequences and everything in between.
You’re a writer with a proven track record, a proven work ethic, a spirit of collaboration, and stellar independent execution.
If you love writing, online marketing, and the ability to flex your skills in multiple areas of content and copywriting, keep reading!
About the job
Do you get lit up by writing copy that converts perfect prospects into paying customers?
Do you love writing and sharing stories that change people’s perspective, helps them accomplish what they’ve set out to achieve, and guides them to learn something new?
Do you love having a mix of content to write, from engaging, educational blog content to long-form sales pages and email sequences for multiple six-figure launches?
We’re looking for a Conversion & Content Copywriter who knows how (and loves) to write all kinds of content and marketing materials. If you love writing copy that’s engaging without being over-the-top and persuasive without being obnoxious, we want to meet you!
- As a Conversion & Content Copywriter, your primary responsibility will be writing all of our marketing materials (landing pages, sales pages, and email sequences), most of our free content (blog posts, emails, free downloads, social media posts), and some of our paid content (downloadable PDFs and some course materials).
- You need to be a big picture thinker and a small details executor who can align messaging across multiple platforms.
- You understand marketing and are well-versed in how to write compelling email subject lines, the varying benefits of short and long landing pages, and how to write for people at all stages of the buyer’s journey.
- Client research is an integral part of your methodology. You must love interviewing past and prospective clients, reading through client feedback and testimonials, and digging deep to find out what makes our prospects tick.
Your specific responsibilities include:
- Content creation and management, including (but not limited to) sales pages, opt-in pages, email sequences, web pages, chat bot messages, SMS messages campaigns, social media posts, video and webinar scripts, social media ads, blog posts, and email newsletter.
- Writing regular guest post and podcast pitches and corresponding posts or other written content as needed.
- Strategizing and optimizing email marketing campaigns and sales funnels for everything from our smaller, low-cost products to our flagship coaching program, Make It Work Online.
- Publishing selected content to Medium.
- Creating content for products and courses.
Bonus points if you…
- Have an understanding of and experience with SEO.
- Are familiar with the backend of WordPress Gutenberg.
- Are into personal development and yoga (because we have so many analogies to use and stories to tell!).
You could be a great fit if…
- You have a track record of creating tangible results.
- You have experience in marketing writing (including conversion copywriting).
- You have expertise in social media marketing and how different social media platforms work.
- You are familiar with email marketing best practices.
- You have excellent American English.
- You are organized, can follow procedures, and can create procedures as needed.
- You love creating structures, systems, and processes for how you do things so they can be easily replicable in the future.
- You can easily handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- You thrive when you’re expected to manage your own time and schedule.
- You excel when you have large swaths of uninterrupted time to get work done.
- You love collaborating with others on the big picture vision, then work exceptionally well when left to execute clear objectives on your own.
This position is NOT for you if…
- You don’t excel in managing your own time and objectives.
- You prefer to work in a closely monitored environment with lots of check-ins.
- You need to be in constant communication with your coworkers and team to make sure you’re on track.
- You don’t like structure, systems, and processes.
- You’re not an i-dotter and t-crosser. We care about the details in both what we do and how things are done.
- You can't admit to when you’ve made a mistake or point out when someone else has made one. We all make them, but you must also own up to yours and point out others’ so we can fix what’s not working and keep moving forward.
- You don’t enjoy continuously learning about online marketing, information marketing, social media marketing, and general trends in marketing. We’re counting on you to keep us on the cutting edge of what’s working in the industry and could work for our business.
- You aren’t available during US working hours. Connection throughout the day and week is essential, so your working hours must match with our team’s.
- You can't get broadband internet where you live.
- This is a salaried, remote position for 30 hours/week. You must have access to a comfortable home office or coworking space, a reliable laptop, and strong, broadband internet connection.
- We travel once or twice annually for team retreats. This means you have to be willing and able to travel to those retreats.
- You must be available for regular meetings during US working hours, though you may reside anywhere in the world.
Why You’ll Love This Job
Collaboration and independence
We love working as a team, and we love the responsibility of getting our own work done. We balance both every day, and you will, too.
No drama, no politics
There are no big egos here; we’re an easygoing (though very detail-oriented and high achieving) and collaborative group looking to do great work and serve our clients well.
We don’t do drama, politics, or bureaucracy. We show up, do our best, freely own up to our mistakes, kindly call others others on their mistakes, ask for help when we need it, and support each other as a team.
One of the biggest benefits we offer is 30-hour workweeks (on average) and no set working hours outside. Other than rough US working hours, you set your own schedule.
For example, Becky starts her work day early after dropping her boys off at school and stops around 2 ET to pick them up from school. Adrianne likes to take Wednesday mornings off for an extended meditation class. And Jenny starts around 10:30 or 11 Pacific because she loves to attend a hot vinyasa yoga class before diving into her work day.
You set your schedule, because you know how to manage your time and will do it well, getting great work done on time.
- Work from home (or wherever there’s strong wifi)
- Flexible work schedule averaging 30 hours per week (We don’t hold you to specific working hours. You must be a self-starter who can get your work done.)
- 10 days paid vacation and 7 paid holidays
- For US citizens and residents eligible to work in the US, this position will include health, disability, and life insurance beginning January 1, 2020.
How to apply
Visit https://JennyShih.com/hiring and look for the next steps for the Conversion & Content Copywriter position.