Senior Software Engineer
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA
Must be located: U.S.A. Pacific/Mountain/Central
Visit company website
View all Invoca jobs
Invoca offers a unique opportunity to be part of a world-class software engineering team deploying code to our production SaaS platform and public cloud infrastructure multiple times per day. Our team is committed to upholding high standards via modern methodologies of agile software development, test-driven development, and DevOps.
What you will do:
- Work on solutions for challenging problems, including:
- Responsive user interfaces
- High performance REST and GraphQL APIs
- Large scale data warehouses
- Highly scalable and reliable VoIP telephony
- Machine learning
- Provide technical mentorship and project leadership to peers through team initiatives
- Participate in and occasionally lead peer code reviews, design reviews, standups, retrospectives, mentoring 1-on-1s, root cause analyses, and more.
- Focus on the whole production stack; building, maintaining, and monitoring systems that a wide range of internal and external customers are using.
What we are looking for:
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- A track record of owning technical projects, maintaining features in production, and solid prioritization with a customer focused mindset.
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Test Driven Development, and MVC design.
- Previous experience building customer driven web applications, working closely with Product Management in a continuous deployment environment.
- A desire to create elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions.
- Previous experience successfully working remotely.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.