Rails Test Engineer
Headquarters: Atlanta, GA
Visit company website
View all Intellum jobs
Under the supervision of the Director of Client Engineering, the Rails Test Engineer understands that a quality test suite is everything, and is responsible for helping to identify and fill gaps in our functional test suite as well as institute and maintain automated end-to-end testing. The primary mission is to protect our customers from bugs that might have crept in during our development process and ensure the quality, reliability, and integrity of all software products.
The Rails Test Engineer will work closely with the distributed Client Engineering, Roadmap Engineering, Product, and Services teams to ensure our software releases are of the highest possible quality.
This position requires loads of passion for highly-usable, modern web experiences and mobile applications; a good understanding of web application technologies; and a very strong attention to detail.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a fast-paced development schedule
- Perform auditing of our test suite
- Architect and maintain an automated end-to-end test suite
- Succinctly document application defects, and assist in monitoring same
- Maintain and communicate timelines, schedules, and status reports
- Attend design reviews, requirements sessions, and technical team meetings as requested
- Follow projects through the software development lifecycle
- Help coordinate software releases to production environments
- Support a team of engineers, performing code reviews as needed
- Author test cases as applicable to skill-set
- 2 to 4 years direct experience working in Ruby on Rails for web-based, SaaS applications
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies
- Experience with Web UI design terminology and Web technology in general
- Experience testing iOS and Android apps a plus
- Ability to work with product owners and other resources to thoroughly understand requirements
- Ability to work effectively within a distributed team in a remote environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently
- Ability to attend frequent meetings requiring verbal communication throughout the workday
- Ability to maintain standard working hours for applicant’s timezone
- Proficiency with Ruby Minitest
- Ability to author end-to-end test plans
- Automation experience in Ruby and Selenium
- Experience with Git, GitHub, Ruby scripting for automation purposes, Cucumber, Selenium, or the like
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.