Now Hiring: Remote Senior Amazon Product Manager (Ecommerce)
📈 401K Plan
🏥 Health Benefits
🔑 Work with Founders
🏖️ Flexible Vacation Time
💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
🗺 Anywhere in North or South America
Impresa Products is hiring a Senior Amazon Product Manager (Ecommerce) to help source and launch products on Amazon. They’re looking for someone who is insanely organized and has a background in engineering, project management, or ecommerce. This role is focused on overseeing the sourcing and pre-production phases of launching physical products, but every day on the job will be exciting and different as Senior Project Manager will have a direct impact on the future and growth of the company.
Who We Are
Impresa Products provides creative products that offer simple solutions for the home, office, and more. See our Amazon store here with over 300 products. The company is 6 years old and our team is made of 13 passionate professionals. We doubled our revenue last year and we’re on track to maintain this incredible growth. That’s why we’re bringing on a Senior Project Manager to join us.
The Senior Amazon Product Manager Role
We’re looking for an insanely organized person that can help evaluate new products to sell, work with our sourcing team in China and then launch them on Amazon. You’ll be working closely with the founders, our head of operations, and our sourcing specialist.
Even though the role is product sourcing and launching focused, every day is different and we get to chase tons of shiny objects. 90% of the work is ‘pre-launch’, such as copywriting (you’ll be able to work freelancers but we’d like to bring this in-house), researching price points, examining customer reviews, evaluating packaging, and assessing the competition.
- Manage and obsess over the details of frequent product launches
- Help to source new products to sell
- Maintain and organize ongoing product production schedules
- What stage are we in? Brainstorming, samples shipped to China, quotes, packaging design, etc.
- When do we expect this product to go live?
- Update Sponsored Ads team about new products with a monthly Loom video discussing what’s being launched and who our competitors are
- Competitive research before during and after products are launched
- Keep records and notes from weekly calls on the next steps
- Work closely with our Operations Manager to track urgent issues and solve them accordingly.
- Work with a copywriter to create listings (Huge bonus if you have product copywriting skills and strong keyword research.)
- Physically test products and ideate on ways to improve or reverse engineer
- Thread together loose ideas and create actionable next steps
Projects and Growth
20-30% of this job is unstructured with time reserved for growth projects or solving issues as they arise. Some issues may include selling out too fast, being undercut by a competitor, packing delays, a wholesale customer received the wrong project, etc.
The Skills and Experience We’re Looking For
- Process orientated
- Clever and creative
- Comfortable with taking calculated risks
- Mitigate and anticipate problems (Problem seeker and solver)
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and can see projects through to the end
- Ability to synthesize qualitative information and make it quantitative (i.e.: understand customer reviews and have a clear path to making a product better)
Bonus Skills (‘Nice to Haves’)
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Engineering or Product Background
- Experience with sourcing and product launching
- Product copywriting skills and strong keyword research
- Business, communications, or product design 4-year degree
- Amazon and eCommerce experience (you’ve worked for an eCommerce company or tried to start your own).
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent home office set up with reliable and fast internet
- Must be located in North or South America
- Must be approximately available 11 am – 3:30/4 pm PST. There must be at least a 4-hour overlap.
No Amazon or Ecomm experience but very interested in the role?
That might be OK. What’s most important is we have someone with a bias for action and great attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits
- Very competitive salaries
- Health Benefits
- Flexible Vacation Time