Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European or African timezones (between UTC-1 and UTC+2).
This is a new position, necessitated by the growth of our team and will report to the Director of People Ops. We are looking for a Senior People Ops Generalist who has experience in a rapidly growing company. You will diagnose issues, define solutions and execute on them. As a company that places a strong emphasis on our workplace culture, these activities must be carried out in alignment with our core values.
You will also lead a small PeopleOps team in the interim (as our Director of People Ops goes on maternity leave). They will help the team develop, grow and think critically to scale with the growth of the organization. We are looking for a thought partner who enjoys both strategic word, and getting stuck in with their team.
- Translate near and long-term Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) into processes, projects, and assignments
- Support business strategies and changes within recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement, training & development
- Monitor people metrics to identify issues and partner with leaders to develop solutions
- Refine and optimize daily processes across People Operations and partner with our Compliance and Finance teams to deliver efficiency and scale through standardization and automation
- Assess organizational health and identify opportunities to guide improvements
- Review and maintain policies and documentation according to Hotjar's core values and compliance needs
- Facilitate and manage the performance review process and succession planning in partnership with leadership
- Lead a small PeopleOps team in the interim (while the Director of People Ops is on maternity leave)
- Experience in an HR / People Ops leadership role; with demonstrated experience collaborating with senior business leaders and a focus on growth and leadership of team members
- Stellar project management skills
- Experience implementing and scaling people processes, operations and systems
- You anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest long-term solutions
- Provide useful data to help guide decision-making, to allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently
- Experience working in tech companies or start-ups, and a preference for an environment centered around our core values
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s core values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
What we offer
- Work from home or from virtually wherever you want in the EMEA.
- A healthy work-life balance
- 40 days of paid leave (including public holidays)
- Annual Personal Development Budget of €1,000, Annual Holiday Budget of €2,000, Wellbeing Allowance of €200 per month
- And even more perks designed for your wellbeing and a healthy work-life balance. (Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid Parental Leave, Working Space Allowance, Sick Leave and much more)
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €65,000 to €85,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, the UK and Germany. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.