Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for team members based in European timezones (between UTC-1 and UTC+2).
As a member of our newly formed Legal and Compliance team, you’ll oversee the workflow of legal matters from throughout Hotjar. You’ll participate in compliance projects with our teams and external customers to address topics spanning many different legal areas.
You’ll be part of a team which focuses on ensuring that our customers can use our service in a manner compliant with applicable regulations, and work on legal and compliance related company-wide projects and requirements. The team commonly works with outside attorneys across the globe to address specialized topics such as privacy, employment, contracts, intellectual property, and other legal domains. You’ll draft, review, advise and update legal correspondence and external and internal documents for the use of our team.
- Manage contractual compliance of Hotjar’s commitments to its customers and team members
- Facilitate the review of legal documents (incoming contracts, NDAs, Data Processing Agreements, addendums, and vendor and partner agreements, etc.)
- Review, and where necessary negotiate, the terms and conditions in contracts and legal documents for tools and vendors we engage with, and analyze and assess their risk
- Be involved in compliance-related projects including: data protection regulations; product development; financial regulations; labor and fair wage
- Audit Schedules (financial, security, contractual, etc.)
- Provide counsel to executives in multiple legal topics
- Be an internal advocate on Data Protection and assist the our Data Protection Officer when needed
- Implement processes for tracking and record-keeping to fulfill contractual obligations
- Work with high profile external customers
- A German or United Kingdom law degree (this is a definite for this role; we will not be able to consider candidates without this requirement)
- Experience with Data Protection Legislation and standard contractual or business agreements for a European company
- Strong negotiation skills
- A business practical approach to legal and compliance matters
- Must be customer-centric. You will support external customers and internal team members, and work with our trusted legal partners
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by a third-party
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team
- A chance to positively enhance people’s experience online and make the web a better place
- Annual learning and development budget
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more)
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €65,000 to €85,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, and Germany (for candidates who don’t require visa sponsorship). All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.