Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, CEST (UTC +2)
, BST (UTC +1)
, JST (UTC +9)
, CST (UTC +8)
, WIB (UTC +7)
, MMT (UTC +6:30)
, BST (UTC +6)
, NPT (UTC +5:45)
, IST (UTC +5:30)
, UZT (UTC +5)
, IRDT (UTC +4:30)
, GST (UTC +4)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa, the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3) or the Americas (UTC-5/ Eastern time zone, specifically).
While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
We believe that a company's brand is an essential part of its identity. We want to build a brand that communicates what we stand for both our vision and our values. We’re not there yet.
Reporting to the Brand & Creative Lead, we’re looking for a passionate Motion Designer & Video Editor, able to translate creative briefs or storyboards into performing video assets. You know the in’s and out’s of social and other video channels. You love collaborating with designers, copywriters, marketers and the rest of the Hotjar team. You can effortlessly switch between hands-on execution and strategizing on where to take video, all whilst creating a scalable data-base other teams can rely on.
- Report to the Brand & Creative Lead
- Create short and long form videos from creative briefs or storyboard
- Collaborate closely within and beyond the brand and marketing team
- Test video assets and continuously improve their performance
- Create playbooks on video best practices tailored to Hotjar’s needs
- Always put our customers at the heart of your creative decisions
- Use a freelancer pool to help produce video when necessary
- Create a video database other teams can use
- A portfolio showcasing your previous work in a relevant business field
- Proven track record of testing video, improving performance and working with KPIs
- You know your video tools of choice inside out
- Previous experience managing freelancers and a video database
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000 or$70,000 to $90,000
annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.