Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
At Hotjar, we're creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
As a member of our Compliance team, you'll handle and manage internal and external-facing customer communications and lead compliance projects addressing topics spanning different legal areas.
You'll be part of a team that focuses ruthlessly on being a business enabler and ensuring that Hotjar's customers can use our software in compliance with the applicable regulations.
Working with other compliance team members and external counsels, you'll draft, review, advise and update legal correspondence, external and internal documentation, customer correspondence, and more to allow us to reach our vision
- Manage Hotjar's contractual compliance commitments to its customers and team members.
- Help review legal documents (incoming contracts, NDAs, Data Processing Agreements, addendums, and vendor and partner agreements).
- Review, and where necessary negotiate, the terms and conditions in contracts and legal documents for tools and vendors we engage with, analyze, and assess their risk.
- Manage compliance-related projects including:
- Data protection regulations
- Product development
- Financial regulations
- Labor and fair wage
- Audit Schedules (financial, security, contractual)
- Work with external legal partners across the globe to manage Hotjar's compliance and legal risks.
- Implement internal processes for managing Hotjar's legal and compliance workflows, and tracking and record-keeping to fulfill Hotjar's contractual obligations.
- A European law degree.
- You have a customer-centric approach putting customers at the center of everything you do in alignment with our Core Values.
- Experience with Data Protection Legislation.
- Experience with standard contractual or business agreements for a European company.
- Experience in leading and successfully delivering legal projects.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar's company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €65,000 to €90,000
annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.