Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, CEST (UTC +2)
, BST (UTC +1)
, JST (UTC +9)
, CST (UTC +8)
, WIB (UTC +7)
, MMT (UTC +6:30)
, BST (UTC +6)
, NPT (UTC +5:45)
, IST (UTC +5:30)
, UZT (UTC +5)
, IRDT (UTC +4:30)
, GST (UTC +4)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa, or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
As the Director of People Success, you’ll be responsible for overseeing Hotjar’s team member experience throughout their tenure. In this role, you’ll lead many people-centric efforts to build innovative, creative, and progressive programs that fuel our high-performing, values-based culture.
We’re looking for an individual that, through their team, will apply their global experience and knowledge of multiple HR areas to support Hotjar's rapid growth.
This is a new position that is necessitated by our continued growth and will report to our Vice President of People. It will work closely with the other People teams, organizational leaders, and executives across the company in shaping and supporting the future of Hotjar.
- Design and drive a progressive, proactive, inclusive employee experience aligned with our Core Values resulting in increased levels of engagement, enablement, and retention
- Coach and mentor members of your team (and others throughout the company) to support employee relations practices, including policy guidance and interpretation, team member support and coaching, conflict resolution, performance improvement actions, investigations, and more
- Direct our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging strategy and programs
- Lead and deliver with a consistent focus on building a high-performing team through effective management, communication, and feedback
- Build Learning & Development initiatives that drive company growth while focusing on individual development, strengthening our leadership and organizational learning while being mindful of our culture and values
- Proactively partner, diagnose, and mature key People Success processes such as performance management and succession planning as well as all team member review processes (performance, seniority, and compensation review processes)
- Progressive experience in a Senior Human Resources leadership capacity within a high growth environment
- Experience building an HR department from the ground up
- Strong advising, coaching, and facilitation skills with a high EQ that is able to partner with individuals at all levels throughout the organization
- Prioritization. There’s no shortage of work to be done, and change occurs frequently. You’ll continuously decide what work to do and more importantly, what work to ignore in order to meet business needs
- Proven track record in independently planning, developing, and implementing various People projects (e.g. performance management, team engagement, DI&B, coaching and mentoring, etc.) across the entire lifecycle of a team member
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party
The compensation range for this role is €120,000 to €160,000 annually.
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
valued at more than €10,000
a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.