Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, CEST (UTC +2)
, BST (UTC +1)
, JST (UTC +9)
, CST (UTC +8)
, WIB (UTC +7)
, MMT (UTC +6:30)
, BST (UTC +6)
, NPT (UTC +5:45)
, IST (UTC +5:30)
, UZT (UTC +5)
, IRDT (UTC +4:30)
, GST (UTC +4)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa, the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3) or the Americas (UTC-5/ Eastern time zone, specifically).
While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
Hotjar wants to make the web a better place. We believe many digital experiences—whether on desktop or mobile—quite frankly suck, and we're working to change that. We help by building product experience insights software for product teams. We’re focused on helping our customers really understand what their end-users are doing on their websites—to help them find those parts of their sites that are hard to navigate, just plain broken, confusing, or simply not enjoyable. In short, we show what end-users feel strongly about, so that product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Hotjar has a team of over 200 Hotjarians spread across 33 countries—we're a fully distributed company and always have been. What better way to make sure that digital experiences improve than to be online ourselves, all day, every day?
As a senior member of our global Marketing team, you will be responsible for developing and scaling all our content marketing efforts throughout the full marketing funnel, driving exponential growth, and giving our customers true radical delight at every turn. You will lead and nurture the careers of our incredibly talented mid-senior content, SEO marketing, and editorial team.
You are a creative and data-driven marketing content leader with experience in growing an expert team. You have excellent story-telling skills, a deep understanding of content and SEO, and relevant, previous experience scaling B2B/SaaS successfully. You are passionate about growing people to their full potential and excel at working cross-functionally to build and execute complex content strategies. You are results-driven, a big-ideas person, and are able to construct and evolve a measurement framework to connect content to business results and pipeline.
The Content Lead will be a key part of our Marketing Leadership team. You will work closely with your fellow cross-functional leaders and Exec team to develop, inspire and drive our marketing strategy, brand narratives, business outcomes, and joint OKRs.
- Manage a six-figure budget
- Lead the creation of new Content products that will dramatically increase our customer acquisition capabilities, whilst delivering value to our target customers
- Lead, guide, grow, and nurture a team of incredibly talented mid-senior content and SEO marketers
- Bring joy to our team and our customers, elevate our game, and drive great work
- Be the customer - explore the questions and challenges that current and potential customers are facing, so we know how to answer them
- Prioritize brilliantly - be bold and move fast, be radically candid and prioritize our biggest growth opportunities.
- You will roll your sleeves up and work right there alongside your team, creating experiences that delight.
- A minimum of 5+ years in content and a min of 3+ years in a strong leadership role driving explosive growth at a high level, ideally for B2B/SaaS. You've coached and mentored several content, editorial, and SEO marketers in their careers.
- You have proven hands-on experience in creating Content products that drive exponential growth.
- You have proven experience managing large budgets.
- You are data driven and have proven ability to make decisions on Content through the use of data
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent,, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.
The compensation range for this role is €75,000 to €100,000 or $85,000 to $110,000
annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave, and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.