At Horizons, our vision is to enable people to work for dream jobs, in any company, from anywhere in the world!
We free companies from bureaucracy when hiring and expanding globally. We already support 500+ companies and 2,000+ employees worldwide, and we are only just getting started!
This is an exciting time to join Horizons and make a personal difference as an Engineering Manager. We’re looking for a passionate Technical Manager who is inspired by our vision of bringing equal employment opportunities to the world, would be passionate about building the future of work, and is excited to join us now to help us solve all the struggles that a fast-growing company has.
About the role
What will be your mission?
- Recruit and build an engineering team.
- Lead an engineering team to ensure the deliverables are on time with high quality.
- Nurture, grow and develop engineers in the team.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Directly manage a team of engineers (6~8). Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating.
- Engineering delivery management, constantly improve teamwork.
- Get into the technical details where required to coach, support and mentor the team.
- Cooperate with other engineering teams for product roadmap implementation.
The role will be a great fit if...
- 7+ years of experience in software development as a developer.
- At least 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team of engineers (6~8) in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of developing and shipping software.
- Strong technical skills (coding & system design), you can get hands-on with your team if needed.
- Experience with customer facing product application.
- Strong people management skills and team leadership and experience.
- Excellent communication skill and are able to influence and cooperate with people at all levels.
- Experience working with an Agileways, has project management skills is a plus.
- Fluent oral and written English. Chinese is a plus.
Bonus points if you
- Experience work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Have strong technical experience includes: Python, ReactJS, TypeScript, SQL and NoSQL, DevOps, AWS, AliCloud.
- Worked with remote teams or team mates.
Benefits and perks
- Opportunity to join an early-stage start-up, on an incredible trajectory.
- Work amongst a diverse team of passionate individuals located across the world, and all ready to make a change to the future of work.
- Work from where you want: from one of our offices, from home, or remotely, and within the time frames that suits you best according to your role expectations and location.
- Choose your hardware and your tools, we'll buy them.
- Join our team events to bring our people across multiple locations together.
- Enjoy career development opportunities: we strive in finding our people the best company fit. Upward and sideways mobility are some of our favourite terms.
- Use our allocated Learning budget.
- Support a cause if you want to, for instance: support our Carbon Footprint initiative. Our tech team is currently working on running our servers specifically to make sure we use as little electricity as possible.