At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators
, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Hopin, your role will be to join the StreamYard team to take over responsibility for the correct operational status of our platform. You will be in charge of assessing and addressing shortcomings in our platform’s setup in order to strive for operational excellence.
- Provide structure to our release process, introduce change management and formalize IAM control
- Optimize GCP configuration for scale, performance, and cost
- Create dashboards to provide insight into the operational status and health of our infrastructure and manage Pagerduty
- Assist Engineering with big releases and go-live moments, advise cohort sizes for feature flag rollouts and to answer important platform questions for work breakdowns and when writing engineering plans
- Introduce dependency management of clusters, (virtual) machines and software (security/ stability) updates across the entire stack
- 6+ years of experience working with distributed systems - cloud infrastructure preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with GCP
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Prometheus, Grafana, or similar
- Working experience with alerting tools (Pagerduty preferred)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience setting up robust CI/CD processes
- Experience working with IaC (Terraform preferred)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.